CHAPTER 4 (Coffee, Caffeine and Slip ups)

                                                                                            Chapter 4

                                                                     (Coffee, Caffeine and Slip ups)

Elliot was in for a long ride, as he stepped into the building of McCain National. The first thing he saw was Myra leaning over the table her behind up in the air. Elliot core tightened and he groaned. He warned himself to behave. He thought of anything and everything that would get him back to normal. It was difficult but possible. He walked in first towards the reception area, his eyes still moving towards Myra who was still in the conference room with another man. She smiled the same forced smile he had seen in the picture.

        "Hi Wanda, I'm here to see Ms.Wind." Elliot told the receptionist. Her brown eyes widened as she saw him.

            " Mr.Balfour. Hi. She's actually busy in a meeting. I'll let her know you're here." She poke. Elliot turned back to the woman and realized it was a different person from last time he visited. He introduced himself. He learned her name was Carol, and she loved Polo. Elliot listened closely to her stories intently. She was very interesting, pretty too and when she spoke about the sport her eyes lit up. Elliot liked passion in a woman and he couldn't help but think if Myra had a passionate side. Would her fox like silver eyes ever light up?

______________________________________________

Myra paced along the conference room waiting for James to look over the contract, trying to convince him to take on Elliot Balfour. As he read through each and every word she felt eyes on the back of her neck. When she turned , blue eyes were trained at her the same eyes that kept her up all night.He gave her a quick smile and went back to listening to Carol the new receptionist. She was pretty, short blonde hair angled perfectly for her high cheek bones and beautiful brown eyes to go with the girl next door charm. Of course anyone would be smitten by her. Elliot looked at her carefully smiling as she rambled on. Myra frowned, Carol should be doing her work not telling her life story to everyone who walked i ln through that door.

        "Myra I can't do this." James finally looked up.
        "Yes you can! Please for me James. I know it's a lot to ask but-"

         "Myra baby you know I'm already swamped with other projects. I can't take on too much. With the baby coming and my mom down Emma's throat about a nanny I'm overwhelmed as it is." James spoke hurriedly wanting to leave before Myra made him change his mind.

        "I'll take in your other projects. Just take care of this one." Myra crossed her arms over her chest tapping the tip of her shoes against the hard wood floor.

          "Look he asked for you personally. I suggest you do it, get the commission. Besides you're the best, he wants the best. Myra think about it if you can make him happy our firm will get all the recognition it needs. Our clients are looking at their options sweetie. This could be our big save" James made a lot of sense right then but she was too stubborn. Maybe if she could ask Tammy, but even she was overwhelmed. Just as she could make up an excuse to buy more time her phone range it was Carol reminding her that Elliot was here to meet her. She waved him in giving him one of her casual smiles.