Chapter 2 (Deep Water)

Myra stood in front of her bed room mirror fixated on the left side of her head, where the big tangled mess sat. She exhaled and dove in with her comb and ten minutes later she patted her hair flat behind her ears and swallowed two Advil for her headache. It had been days since Tammy's Bridal Shower and she swears she was still hung over. Tammy had to fill her in what happened the morning after. Myra still couldn't believe she went up and kissed a total stranger. According to Tammy, Elliot Balfour didn't look all too disappointing.

"Myra are you up? Cause if you don't get your tiny ass out and about in five minutes I will personally make sure Mr.Cornell fires you." Tammy announced from outside her door. Myra groaned knowing all too well letting her stay in the guest room until her wedding was a bad idea.

"I'm up!" she called out zipping up her dress. "Toss me my shoes." A minute later two beige pumps came flying at her. "I said toss not throw." Myra slipped them on checked herself once again and walked out her door. She gave a very impatient Tammy a curt smile.

"You're ready great. James just called We need to be down at the office in twenty minutes. Travis Mills & Sons are trying to pull out of the deal and I can't have another deal pull out." Tammy rambled on.

"Don't worry, they won't. You have me." Myra assured her grabbing a fist full of trail mix from the crystal bowl. "Legs off the table." She reminded Tammy.

"Let's get this over with." Tammy asked about Elliot Balfour the whole cab ride to the office. She shot fact after fact about him at Myra, while Myra sat there quietly knowing Tammy wouldn't shut up until she got it out of her system

"So did he call you?" she asked her already round eyes getting wider.

"Yes he did, and we talked for hours and he said he wants to meet me cook me a nice dinner and take me out dancing." She mocked.

"Shut up" Tammy paid the driver and they both ran into the elevator.

"Tammy I was drunk, I kissed a total stranger who happened to be a Balfour. You guys got your jokes and laughs and now it's over. Give it a rest." Myra opened the glass door to the office on the 10th floor letting the cool air hit her. It was awfully damp and humid out and Myra always hated the weather before it was about to rain. Rain she liked but the awful sticky and damp feeling on her skin irritated her. Unfortunately for her the rain wasn't pouring down anytime soon and to top it off like a cherry on top they were late.

"Mr. Mills I apologize for the tardiness." Myra entered the conference room tossing her bag to the side. Travis Mills sat in the black leather cushioned chair his wife right next to him in shorts and a tank top, while Mr. Mills was more professionally altered. They were always together. Mr. Mills in his expensive suit which could probably pay her rent for the next six months and Kelly's sweet next door look placed perfectly on his elbow.

"Why are you late?" he asked his voice clipped and now here near Christmas party friendly.

"Our cab broke down" Tammy lied. Myra shot her a tart look for lying and went back to focusing on her clients. Travis Mills was a shrewd business man, he didn't joke or laugh when it came to his franchise and Myra looked up to him for that. He was a professional, as was she.

"So let's put this straight Mr. Mill ; we love working with you and I'm sure you haven't found anyone as cooperative and creative as us. We've heard you've been looking at other Advertisement firms."