Chapter Six: Je N'aime Pas Le Poisson

Look! A gif of the cutie pie, Carter! I've also updated the cast list. <3

• Colette Eatton •

Like the Pink Panther, I tiptoe and quickly press my back against the building, my eyes darting from left to right to be sure-

"You know, Colette, you don't have to do that. They're all gone," Carter says, eyeing me, an amused expression on his face. He's probably questioning our friendship right now.

"Oh..." I awkwardly move away from the wall, a little disappointed. For a moment there, I felt like I was in a movie.

I actually didn't want to tell Carter but in the end, he overheard my conversion with Mrs. Sherman about Prince Aspen and the disastrous situation I've been subjected to. To be honest, I am a little annoyed at them for finding the whole fiasco hilarious. They were laughing their heads off.

"But your face is probably going to be all over the news tomorrow. Are you ready for that?" He asks, taking me by the hand and pulling me towards the cafe. I tighten my grip and hide behind him, looking around. Just to be safe.

If anything happens, I'm going to offer Carter up as sacrifice while I make a run for it.

"I hope not," I respond, in denial. "But I know it's impossible for this not to be.. everywhere."

Especially, since it involves a girl. A fiancee. I shudder at the thought. What was Prince Aspen even thinking when he said it? The public will absolutely eat this up.

The prince is rarely on the news too. Other than kidnappings or him visiting other countries, his love life and everything else is kept private.

I pray to God that this dies down soon. I really hope the prince admits that all of this isn't true.

Damn it all. Just damn it all.

I can't believe I called a prince an asshole and then get kissed by him in front of the cameras. For the whole world to see. My family is so going to call me for this. I imagine my sister and I shiver.

Maybe I'm dreaming right now? Maybe this is just one long nightmare.

None of this makes sense. At all.

I look at my fingers intertwined with Carter's. If there's someone scarier than the reporters or paparazzi seeing me like this, it's Carter's girlfriend. I'd be skinned alive.

I clear my thoughts and look up at the cafe. There's a small room above it, it comes with just a bedroom and an even tinier bathroom and unfortunately, that's where I've been living in for the past two years. It doesn't come with a kitchen, which has caused my cooking skills to deteriorate, to say the least.

Well, to put it bluntly, I can't cook to save my live.

We walk to the side of the building and Carter urges me to climb the stairs first. On the last step, I groan.

"What? What's wrong? Are they hiding inside?" Carter whispers from behind me. I turn around.

He's a few steps below me and because of this, I am able to see him eye to eye. "What? No! The key to my room! It's in my bag." I moan, raising my hands to the sky.

Carter leans against the railing, "and let me guess.. you left your bag in the cafe? And.. the place is locked."

When I don't answer, he goes up the steps and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"You can always stay the night at my place." He says, bending his body so he can tilt his head to look at me. "What do you say?" He adds, rubbing his hand up and down my arm to comfort me.