Chapter Three: Le Prince Charmant

• Prince Aspen Castillo •

"Prince Aspen! How are you here? We thought you were kidnapped! Please comment on this!"

"Who is that girl you're holding?!"

"Is she your girlfriend?!" One red headed girl with yellow and purple streaks shouts before bursting into tears.

She should be crying. That hair colour combination is absolutely retched. Poor girl.

I spot a woman in the back. She pushes her way to the front of the crowd, frantically waving her camcorder around. She reaches the front and instantly badgers me for comments, just like all the other reporters cramped inside the cafe. Some of the customers have their phone cameras out too.

I look around me. The cafe has turned into a huge mess, the tables and chairs toppled here and there.

Bloody hound dogs, they are. I can't believe they found me. Someone must've tipped them off. This wasn't part of the plan. I'll have to think of something quickly. I suck the insides of my cheeks, thinking.

Sometimes, I just really want to jump in among them and smash their things. Break all the things that capture my every move, my every mistake, my entire life. But, of course, I can't do that. Instead, I give them my sweetest smile. My billion dollar - wait, scratch that - priceless smile.

The smile that melts thousands and thousands of girls' hearts. The smile that also breaks thousands and thousands of girls' hearts.

I mean, I can't exactly blame them. It's me we're talking about here. Everyone wants a piece of me. As if being royal isn't already enough, from the tips of my toes to the tops of my sexily styled hair, I also ooze sex, money and confidence.

On the other hand, I shouldn't be just a prince. I should also have a modelling or acting career. I'm confident I'll get an oscar award just for doing a sex scene. Or maybe join Abercrombie & Fitch, that way, I don't need excuses to be half naked on the streets surrounded by girls all the time.

I clear my throat before speaking, "Good morning everyone," and the voices begin to quiet down, "I can see that you're all very happy to know that I'm safe and sound." Distracted, I look down at Colette.

Colette is, what I presume to be, in shock. She's been mumbling profanities under her breath, staring blankly at nothing for quite a while now. I dig my fingernails into her sides and she lets out a gasp.

I try to keep a straight face. Her facial expressions are hilarious.

Now that her mumblings have stopped, I look back up to the crowd, "Anyway. I want to inform each and every one of you that there has been a misunderstanding. I was not kidnapped by The Chinese as you all thought I've been."

At this, everyone starts talking all at once. Firing their questions at me with the force of a thousand suns. Suddenly, it hits me. I have an idea but Colette's not going to like it. Oh, no. She's so going to loathe me for this.

"Where did you go?!"

"Who kidnapped you then?!"

"Is it that girl's fault?"

I hold up my free hand to silence them. Once settled down, I continue speaking, "I was kidnapped, trapped, held hostage, whatever word you can think of, not by The Chinese, but by," I point at Colette, "her."

Colette looks up at me, her eyebrows furrowed, her mouth hanging open.

I watch the colour slowly drain out of her face as she stares at me with her mouth moving just like a goldfish.

• Colette Eatton •

Did I hear that right? What the hell did he just say?

What the fuck.

I tilt my chin up to look at him in the face. From this angle, I can just about stab him in the nostrils with the pencil lying on the table behind us. I can feel the blood drain my face. Okay, fine, so he really is Prince Aspen. I admit it, I was wrong.

But did he really have to go and say that? Just because I guffawed in his face when he told me he was the prince?

Is this some kind of payback for what I did to him? My mind instantly rewinds to a few moments ago. Oh my god. Oh my god. I called him an asshole.

I, Colette Eatton, a waitress relying on positive feedback from customers just so I can eat sushi on Sundays, called the Prince of Canberra, an asshole. Not just any prince, the crown prince. Of course, they'd believe whatever bullshit that comes out of his mouth. He's the future king of this country, for god's sake. Why would they believe me, a lowly waitress?

Someone please kill me now. I would rather be dead than go to jail for kidnapping the prince. Which, of course, I didn't do. If I had the chance, I would certainly murder him instead. But wait, this means that they don't have any evidence against me. Ha! But wait... then again, he can always pay someone to make something up.

I mumble to myself, my eyes darting from the ceiling to the floor. Or maybe, he'd even bribe the police. Is this it? Is this how my life story's going to be?

My mind is a jumbled mess, jumping from one thought to another - finding ways to escape from this horrible situation.

Prince Aspen presses the space between my eyebrows, breaking me out of my thoughts. "What are you thinking of? You look stressed out."

"Of course, I am. You, what are yo-" He clamps his hand over my mouth.

"Listen everyone. This girl here, she's my captor, because.. she captured my heart." He pulls me closer to him. Somewhere in the crowd, I hear a girl wailing. I pry his hand off my mouth. "You're insane, you need Jesu-"

And just like that, I suddenly find his lips on mine. Taken by surprise, I gasp and he takes this opportunity to push his tongue into my mouth. Our tongues slide against each other, and I can feel him smile through the kiss as he cups his hand over my cheek.

I hear the clicking of the cameras, the flashes, the voices of the reporters trying to understand the scene that is unfolding before them.

But most of all, I hear the pounding of my own heart, beating in my ears.

♥♥♥

And here's another one! I really want to get all the chapters edited and posted as soon as possible. You all have waited long enough. I love you, guys. I just want to say thank you for your continuous support for MFTPP. It means the world to me. <3