Chapter Four: Embrasse Moi

• Prince Aspen Castillo •

The kiss didn't last as long as I hoped it would. Before I could really enjoy it, Colette shoves me hard in the chest, abruptly stopping our kiss. She looks at me, breathing hard. Her chest rising and falling. She brings her hand up to my face and I instantly wince my eyes shut, preparing for the slap that's coming my way. Instead, she puts it to the back of her lips and rubs at it vigorously.

There are now lipstick stains on the back of her hand and the next thing I know, something I, in a million years, would never see coming - she wipes it at the front of my shirt, all the while red in the face.

I could only look down, surprised, at her hand rubbing on my chest, the stains transferring and before I know it, I'm laughing out loud, little tears forming in the corners of my eyes. This girl! No one. No one has ever rejected my kisses. What more, doing this to me. In front of everyone. I can't believe this.

Does she really not know me? Can't she tell it's me? I didn't expect it'd turn out this way.

I look at her but she looks away, her face filled with anger. To be honest, I can't tell if she's red from the kiss or if it's all really just because she's mad at me right now. She can't not feel anything because I'm positive that I'm a superb kisser.

Around us, the  screams, gasps, shrieks, piteous cries, which unsurprisingly, is coming from girls, fills the room. The reporters, on the other hand, continue to throw questions.

"Prince Aspen! Tell us more about your girlfriend!" "Your Highness, your girlfriend is very shy!" "That whore!"

At that last statement, Colette whips her head up to look at the crowd, "You're wrong! I'm not his girlfriend! Why would I want to be with an ass-" I quickly cover her mouth with both of my hands from behind her back before she could continue her words. "Oomph,' the sound escapes from her lips. I may be an asshole but it'll only make her look rude. And I don't want that.

It'll just make everything much worse for her.

I have no choice now. I've kissed her in front of everyone. Oh, she's going to be so mad.

I breathe in deeply, to prepare myself for what I'm about to say. Something I can't ever take back.

"She's not my girlfriend, she's my fiancée."

• Colette Eatton •

He announces, looking down at me with a smile on his face. The kind of smile a man has on his face when looking at a person he's infatuated with. This asshole can act. But what the hell.

At his announcement, the cafe abruptly quiets down. Eerily quiet. Everyone's completely taken by surprise.

If someone tries to hold in their fart right now, you could probably still hear the puuttt sound escaping from their bottoms, but not like any of this matters right now.

I am beyond speechless.

My body instinctively take this chance to escape while everyone is still frozen in shock. I bite down hard on Prince Aspen's hand and he yelps, instantly letting go. I hear him curse under his breathe.

"Colette, wait-" he reaches a hand out to me.

Before he could, I quickly turn on my heel and run to the back of the cafe, through the small kitchen and out the back door. I kick the trash cans to make it a little harder for anyone following me. I'm panicking. What should I do?

My feet takes me down a narrow path, my boots making thumping sounds on the cobblestone pavement. My hair is a mess and I'm breathing hard.

I turn the corner and there it is, a small, cosy bookshop filled with shelves and shelves of books that can easily hide me until all this dies down.

I sprint towards it. I daren't look back because I hate the feeling of being pursued. It frightens me. When I push the front door open, the doorbell chimes, a comforting sound I'm grateful for and all too familiar with.

Mrs. Sherman, the owner of the bookshop looks up from the book she's reading and squints her beady eyes at me. After realising that it's just me, her face breaks into a smile.

"Colette!" She beams, getting out from behind the counter as I rush to the last shelf at the back of the shop. "Shh! Mrs. Sherman! Shh!" I urge, putting my forefinger to my lips.

Making her way towards me, "Darling, you look as if you've been chased by a ghost."

I put my hands on the shelf as I tiptoe to peek from between the books in the Erotica section. For a moment, I am distracted by a book with a man stroking his bulge on the cover. From here, I can just about look out the window without anyone noticing me from the outside looking in.

I'm right on time as a bunch of reporters suddenly rush past, their shouts barely audible, their camcorders and cameras glinting under the bright afternoon light.

Mrs. Sherman looks from the window to me, quizzically. The spot in between her eyebrows wrinkled.

"Colette, dear, if you don't mind me asking but.. what's happening?" She whispers, leaning against the shelf unnaturally. "Are we being watched right now, is this part of some reality show? Do I look fine?" She pats her hair down.

I can't help but giggle, "To be honest. I have no clue. All I know is that I'm in a really, really bad situation right now."

"How bad?" She murmurs, a hint of worry in her voice.

I widen my eyes, "like super bad".

She puts her hand to her chest, "oh my. Bad ass mother fucking bad?"

I scrunch my nose and grin at her, "yeah, that pretty much sums it up."

Mrs. Sherman laughs. "Alright, do I need to get a black plastic bag and maybe a shovel too? Oh. And some latex gloves?"

I laugh along with her before tutting. "Mrs. Sherman, this isn't the time for jokes. I'm serious."

She wags a finger at me, "now, child, I'll have you know that I've read a lot of murder and detective books. I'm quite serious too if you ask me."

"I can always count on you, Mrs. Sherman. But I didn't murder anyone.. well, yet, the crown prince, he-"

The door that leads to the apartment upstairs creaks as it opens and Carter walks in.

My heart does a little flip at the sight of him.

My eyes also do the whole quick body scan thing that all girls are born and capable of doing in seconds.

Carter looks like he's fresh out of the shower. My eyes zoom in on the water slowly trickling down his hair and onto his chest. There's a towel hanging over his bare shoulders. He has nothing on but a pair of shorts.

I am pleasantly pleased. My eyes are blessed. Thank you Jesus for the meal. Oh, look at me. I sound just like my sister. She'd be very proud.

Mrs. Sherman nudges me hard in the stomach, "you're getting cross eyed, dear". In response, I push her lightly on the shoulders. She turns her head to look at Carter, "boy, put some clothes on. There's a lady with us."

Carter grins, "what lady? I don't see no lady." I roll my eyes at him, smiling.

"Anyway, what's this about the crown prince?" Carter questions, wiping his hair with the towel.

His honey brown eyes search my face for an answer. I'm not sure. I just don't feel like telling him. He probably has enough drama of his own. After all, he has a super possessive person in his life he calls his girlfriend. I do badly want to tell Mrs. Sherman though.

I shake my head slowly, eyeing his chest. "Nothing. Put some clothes on, you ass. You're distracting me." He laughs, "don't say that in front of my mum. You know how she doesn't like swearing."

I raise my eyebrows and Mrs. Sherman looks at me sheepishly, twiddling her thumbs.

Yeah, right.

♥♥♥

Here's chapter four! I made a few changes, plot wise, so it's quite different from the previous one. I hope you guys like it. <3