Meeting Big Brother

Class was boring as usual and the girls were picking on me again for stealing their lovers' eye. Whatever they meant by that. I was walking down the steps to my next class, fitness, when out of nowhere a dark mist shrouded the school but the other students didn't seem to notice. Panic flowed free in my veins. This has happened many times before when anyone was going further than getting upset when they cross the line and attempt to kill someone.
     "Crystal!" A voice called out to me. I turned around and came face to face with one of the juniors in the school. But there was something different about her; she has crossed the line. I grit my teeth and reached out my hand toward the sky.
     "Come, Natsuki!" I called out. A trail of light came from the corner of the corridor into my hands and materialised into a long katana and a bow and some arrows. Swiftly, with the sword, I cut her stomach revealing a purple void that had nothing but the eyes of the ones that corrupted her. I then took aim at her with my bow. The wood creaked and I was about to let go of the string until someone got in the way.
     "Stop right there!" Said the voice of one of my classmates, Iki Hiyori. "What do you think you're doing to our Junior?!"
     I panicked that I was about to let go of the string and she was in front of my target and shot the arrow elsewhere. I grit my teeth. "Jump!" I yelled at her. Her name appeared in glowing letters then her body forced her to jump. With the bow, I then struck down the junior with the arrow. Hiyori looked at me horrified until we heard another voice calling for her. Yato's voice. He ran over and saw me and the body of the junior then smiled at me.
      "Hey, Crystal, you still using that method of removing the Phantoms?" He asked laughing. By now the girl I struck had woken up and was going back to class.
      "Yato, who is this girl?" Hiyori asked. I did my best to act as friendly as possible by smiling and waving my hand at her.
     Yato looked at her then answered, "She's the god among gods, Crystal, my sister and the real number one god."
     "Nice to meet you!" I replied holding out my hand which she took. "I apologize for the inconvenience and if my older brother had caused you any trouble."
     "She's surprisingly polite!" Hiyori exclaimed then looked at Yato. "Unlike someone, I know..."
     "Hey, Yato," a blonde-haired boy said appearing out of nowhere, "You aren't allowed to slack off until the job is done!"
     Suddenly, I remembered I was still holding my weapons. "Revert, Akai!" I called and the bow and katana turned into light again and flowed out of my hands transforming into a boy with flaming red hair and red eyes. He sighed deeply. "What's with that expression?!" I questioned him fiercely. He started sniffing himself then sighed again.
     "Crystal, you need to stop using perfume every once in a while. Every time you use me, I end up smelling like you!" He complained.
     "At least that's better than Mr Sweaty Hands over here!" The blonde said engaging himself in a fight with Akai. Quietly, I stepped away and tried to blend in with the crowd consisting of Hiyori and Yato.
     "Yato, you have a new regalia?" I asked my brother who was standing on the sidelines while the blonde boy fought Akai in a cloud of dust. "He seems very... lively," I added trying to find the right words to describe him.
     "His name Yuki otherwise known as Yukine. I think he has the same physical age as you and most of your regalia," he told me.
     "Anyways, Crystal, we have to get back to class or else Mr Chairo might end up giving us punishment," Akai said, coming back with Yukine.
     "Really? I always thought that Mr Chairo was a kind teacher that wouldn't give us punishment!" Hiyori yelled, following behind since we have the same lessons.
     "That would be because Mister Chairo is one of Crystal's regalia and she assigned him with the task of keeping the whole clan fit. Apparently, this is his method and most of the other regalia had gotten sick after one of his punishments so now they are all back at the shrine laid up with sicknesses of all kinds," Akai replied, continuing down the halls ignoring the disciplinary teacher that told us not to run in the hallway. Eventually, we made it just in time with a few minutes to spare.
     "So, Akai would you mind telling me why you allowed the mistress to arrive in class with only three minutes to spare?" A tall man with brown hair asked. Akai fearfully stepped back slowly. He headlocked Akai and rubbed his fist on his head. "I already told you that you must bring her to all classes five minutes early, no more; no less."
     "Why do you have to be five minutes early to every class?" Hiyori asked. I laughed humorlessly.
     "That would be because, in this school, Mistress is supposed to be the principal since she was the one that built this school several aeons ago and nurtured it from a small tent to this large campus. But because she doesn't age, people will grow suspicious so she only comes here to study here once every hundred years so we unofficially decided that she should be a role model of a perfect student," I heard someone explain for me. I looked at the girl with long green hair.
     "Oh, hi there, Midori!" I exclaimed hugging her. Hiyori greeted her politely.
     "Are you another one of Crystal's regalia?" she asked.
     "Such disrespect to a god!" She exclaimed. "You must be punished!" She said, about to draw a Borderline. Until I stopped her and told Chairo to stop bullying Akai. We all sat down and waited for class to begin.
     "You seem to be handling their behaviours perfectly fine," Hiyori commented.
     "Not really," I told her. "It's actually them who is handling my behaviour perfectly fine and because of that, I feel like we are a big happy family that will never get separated." Then my expression darkened. "For this reason, I won't allow any of them to lose their lives for any reason. I will gladly take the fall for them."
     Hiyori looked at me in awe. "You sound just like Yato..." she murmured.
     "What was that?"
     "Nothing..."
     "You may already know this, but in case you didn't, your soul slipped out," I told her. She looked at her physical body that was lying on the floor and panicked.
     "Ah! It happened again!" she exclaimed. With a sigh, I picked up her limp body and told Chairo that I was going to bring her to the clinic then went on my way with Hiyori apologizing for the entire way. On the way, we also found Yato, just as he finished one of his jobs and he joined us and talked to Hiyori and Yukine while I couldn't talk to them or else the other students would think I had lost my mind. I placed her body in one of the free beds then left the room for them to talk then returned to the field. As I walked down the stairs, I noticed a little girl.
     "Hey there. You aren't supposed to be here," I told her as a responsible Senior would. Actually, now that I get a good look at his uniform, it wasn't one of ours. "Hey, what are you doing here, this isn't your school." I squatted down to her level and put a hand on her shoulder. "I can take you back to your house if that's what you want..."
     "Miss, you smell good..." she said in an ever-changing voice that I could recognize anywhere. She has been possessed. "Smells...good..." she repeated over and over again. I quickly ran over to the nearest class to find one of my regalia. I knocked then entered the first classroom door I saw. When I saw one of my regalia, Aoi, I quickly told her teacher I needed to borrow her for a while. Once we were outside, she saw the reason why she was called.
     "Come, Umikki!" I said and she turned into white light then flew into my hands becoming a harpoon. I twirled her in my hands. The girl threw herself at me with razor-sharp nails about to cut through my skin. I blocked her advancement and knocked her back a few feet. I observed her carefully. 'She can still be saved. Be careful when cutting her,' I told Aoi. "You who would desecrate this land of the rising sun! With my advent, I, the Guardian of the lower guardians, Crystal, lay waste with the Umikki and expel they vast defilement!" I said charging at the girl stabbing her then pulling out the harpoon and reaching my hand deep into the cut and pulled out a little squeaky spirit and crushed it with my bare hands making the girl return to normal and falling asleep in my hands.
     "Sakura!" a voice called out and a woman ran up the stairs and hugged the girl and thanked me which surprised me.
     "Are you...?" I started. "...A nameless spirit?" She nodded and cried slightly holding the girl tightly. I sighed and whispered something into her ear and she nodded her head then whispered something back and ran off with Sakura in her hands. "Revert, Aoi."
     "What did you tell her?" she asked interested.
     "That a man is waiting for her at the riverside." I turned to look at her and smiled. She smiled back. 'Who would have thought that homeless spirits would refuse a place with a guardian? Maybe they want to be free. Just like I do...'

A/N
Due to religious reasons, I will be calling the 'gods' in Noragami guardians this chapter is the only exception. I hope you understand. Thank you for surviving my stories!