Chapter 3 - Welcome to Rosewood High

Uriel woke up slowly, his head suddenly pounded, and the little light that he could make out hurt his eyes.

Uriel threw his arm over his eyes and groaned. He barely remembered anything anymore, other than leaving Rosie's because he needed to take a run because his emotions felt like they were going to explode, and overwhelmed him. Uriel felt cool water sliding down his face, and suddenly felt a damp towel on his forehead.

Uriel groaned a moment, then asked. "Where, where am I?"

He then heard Rosie's voice as she said softly. "So you've finally decided to wake up. We found you passed out on the side of the road, so we brought you along with us. Why don't you sit up for a bit. You should drink something, you were starting to dehydrate." She gently went up beside him, and even though he protested at first, she sat him upright, keeping him balanced. She then handed him a glass of water, letting him slowly drink it. Once he had finished, she replaced the glass on the bedside table, then helped him lay back down on the bed, replacing the towel on his head after re-moistening it in the bowl of cold water that was also on the table.

"Anyways, back to your question. You're actually in my dorm room. Turns out you actually were coming to our school, so we went back to your place and grabbed your stuff before coming out here. So I guess I get to be the one to say welcome to Rosewood!" She winked at him unconsciously, then got up from the chair she was sitting in and went over to her dresser, unpacking more of her clothing and sliding them into the drawers. She then looked back over to him and noticed that he was looking around for something.

She smiled sweetly, then said calmly. "If you're wondering where Ren is, then don't worry about it. He's not here. He knew he wasn't one of the first things you'd want to see when you got up, so he went to his dorm to unpack his stuff and get his room reorganized." She turned back around, grabbing more clothes from her suitcase to fold and set back into her drawers. "For some reason, his roommate always seems to mess up his side of the dorm, so he always ends up having to replace everything where it originally was. I know it doesn't show, but he royally gets pissed off at his roommate constantly, even if no one seems to notice it."

Uriel sat himself up again, suddenly feeling the rising feelings in his chest at being around, and close, to Rosie. "Hey, Rosie, I'm feeling fine now, so please, just.. let me go to my own room."

The last part came out as more of a squeak. Uriel had to get out of there, before his emotions decided to resurface. Again.

Rosie was with Ren, and was happy. Uriel didn't want to destroy that between them, so he would have to keep his distance from Rosie, or risk losing her to himself...

Rosie looked over at him, but kept smiling. "You need your rest right now, but I promise to take you to your room later, ok? In the meantime, if you absolutely want to get up, there's a water cooler right over there in the far corner.  You've been out for a good seven hours, and dehydration isn't a good thing. Drink up and get the most of your strength back for me, ok?"

She turned back around and kept folding her clothes into the drawers, taking out some picture frames that were packed away in her suitcases and placing them on top of her dresser.

Uriel shook his head and got up, steadying himself on the wall and pleaded. "Rosie, you care too much for the likes of me. And... please just, let me go. I can't be around you... Not for too long, at least."

Still smiling and without looking back, she just stated calmly. "I care for everyone I meet equally... except, of course, they get me frustrated way too often. Anyways, if it's because you don't feel right being around me because I have a boyfriend, then I insist you stay. I'd feel weird if you were avoiding me because of someone else I like. Just because I'm going out with someone, it doesn't necessarily mean that I won't still like you. You're a great guy, Uriel. I'd be heartbroken if you were to disappear on me because I had some other guy closer to me at all times, you know?"