Chapter 2 - An Unfriendly Truce

For all those interested, the picture on the side is of Ren ;3 --->

______________________________________________________

Uriel immediately hated the guy about a million times more now that he saw him. He looked way too overly nice to be actually nice, which usually meant that he was a dick. Who the hell did this loser think he was to pick up Rosie and claim her as his chick? Uriel mentally slapped himself. Oh ya, this loser of a weirdo was her boyfriend. Uriel had the rising urge to walk up to this retard and punch him square in the face and throw every insult known to man his way.

Rosie ran up to Ren and wrapped her arms around him. He embraced the hug, lifted her chin slightly and pressed his lips against hers in a gentle kiss. After a few moments, he pulled away, looking at her through his black eyes.

“Where’ve you been? You invited me over and then just disappeared on me. By the way, what’s with the kid, anyways? Don’t tell me you’ve gone jacking off with this pest behind my back.” His voice was pretty deep, yet it stayed calm all the way through. He seemed unpleased at the sight of someone else with his girl, especially since that someone was a guy.

Uriel really wanted to punch him out now. What kind of guy did this loser freak of nature think he was? Though he did wish that sometimes he would be mean enough to steal another person's girlfriend, notably, this loser.

Uriel clenched his fists and hissed. "No, she didn't. I have enough common sense not to fuck a girl I meet on the first day, especially when I know she already has a boyfriend. Though you seem like a nice piece of work, if I may say so myself."

Ren kept an emotionless expression, however he was now only staring at Uriel. Rosie looked back at Uriel, her smile having disappeared for a moment. “Please, don’t start a fight here. Let’s all try to get along, shall we?” She turned back to Ren and gently took his hand. He then got up from his leaning position on the door, and then they both walked up closer to be standing in front of Uriel.

Rosie then continued cheerfully. “I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Ren. Ren, this here is Uriel. He just moved in today, so I was only off giving him a tour around the place. Is that a problem with you, or am I not allowed having any guy friends anymore? You’re already friends with most of the guys I hang with, anyways, so what’s the big deal with Uriel?”

Ren looked down at her, then back at Uriel. “I just don’t see why you like this punk. He seems… never mind. I’ve been taught better than to say something others may find offending.”

Uriel glared. "Who's the punk here, jackass?"

Ren only shrugged. "You are, as I just pointed out. Or would you rather I call you 'kid', or better yet 'jerk', for having taken time out of my date."

Uriel glared at Ren. A sudden gust of wind blew by and Ren's bangs blew away from his face.

Uriel grabbed his head in pain and fell to the ground. He saw images of a younger boy with the same tattoos smiling at him. But not much else, the vision was going by too fast for Uriel to comprehend any of it.

Uriel kept his hand clenched in his hair and the other steadying him on the ground, and asked, his eyes closed. "Do I... do I know you?"

Ren kept an emotionless expression once again, and shrugged in confusion. “How should I know? It’s the first time I’ve ever seen you in my lifetime, kid. If I’ve only ever seen you once before, I don’t usually keep track of who I just so happen to bump into on the street.”

He turned to Rosie, and then wrapped his arm around her, placing his hand on her other shoulder, then pulled her closer to him. He looked back a Uriel, and then continued in his calm as always voice. “Not that I want to be rude, but we kind of have somewhere to go. I was planning on getting there before the sun sets, so you wouldn’t mind leaving us alone, would you, Ariel? That’s what a date usually is, just two people.”