five

"geoff, how are you feeling?" the man asked.

"im really confused--how did i get here?"

the man sighed. "we've been over this, geoff. you had a freakout and went overboard with the self-harm. otto checked you in."

"wait, fuck--you're ryan, right? the guy from highschool?"

"yeah."

geoff groaned, holding his head in his hands. so none of that happened? none but the harm?

what did awsten think? oh, god, awsten probably despises him. and--no, he forgot about otto. otto must be fucking devastated. this was his fault. his his his!

"my fault my fault my fault my fault my--"

"geoff!" ryan yelled, snapping his fingers. geoff just held his head tighter.

"he hates me he hates me he hates--"

ryan grabbed geoff roughly by the shoulders. "geoff, listen. you really think awsten hates you? awsten knight, the boy who held you while you watched your grandma pass? the one who brought you chrysanthemums when your girlfriend left you because they were her least favorite, but your favorite? the one who literally came in here while you were passed out with a goddamn breathing tube? the one who held your hand and cried, fucking cried for the whole entire time he could visit? shut the hell up, geoff. he fucking adores you."

geoff went silent, absorbing every word ryan said. he was right--awsten didn't hate geoff.

he didn't hate geoff.