four

geoff had a dirty little secret. and, to be honest, it wasn't something he wanted to reveal to his friends yet. or ever, in fact.

he was currently sat in the bathroom of the bus, a tiny razor in his hand. he had his jeans pulled down enough just so that his thigh was showing, so he could pull them up quickly and hide the cuts if someone were to need to use the bathroom.

one cut, two cuts, three cuts, four. he counted each one, making a mental note to make sure he doesn't go overboard like last time. he didn't know if otto would ever let geoff be alone without someone around him ever again. but, then again, that was back in high school. otto probably thinks geoff changed.

one thing geoff didn't realize, though, was the sound of the bathroom door opening to reveal awsten and otto. geoff threw the razor across the room and hassled to pull his pants back up.

otto looked like he was about to cry, and, sure enough, he did when geoff smiled sadly and looked down.

"g-geoff, you c-can't keep doing this. do y-you not remember last time?"

"i do, actually. yesterday," geoff whispered, quietly enough that otto couldn't hear him.

"what?"

"yesterday."

"oh, geoff..."

geoff sighed and brought his hands to his face, laughing quietly. he never meant to hurt anyone with this--well, except himself.

"is--nevermind," otto said, shaking his head.

"is what?"

"i can't ask that right now," otto muttered pointing his thumb towards awsten--which, by the way, geoff had not noticed.

geoff covered his mouth and held back tears, realizing that awsten had just seen him do this. as if awsten hating him wasn't already enough. awsten just stared at geoff, his stomach filling with dread. oh god, i caused this.

awsten broke down crying, running up to geoff. he grabbed him into a hug, crying into his shoulder.

"geoff, i'm so sorry!" awsten cried, shaking.

"aws, it's--it's okay, it's fine."

otto looked at geoff and mouthed a should i leave? before geoff nodded and let otto go back to the bunks.

"awsten, look at me," geoff said.

awsten wiped his eyes and lifted his head up. geoff took awsten's head between is hands and rested his forehead against awsten's, laughing quietly.

"it's okay."