Chapter 5: A Race Against Time [NOT DONE]

Hey! Managed somehow to not break my promise for the first week! Yay! For those that're new to this, I changed my updating schedule and will now be updating every Friday in parts. Taking baby steps to lessen the stress on me! Hope you don't mind, the parts update will vary from a single page/paragraph to dozens of them depending on my workload though I'll try to update three pages give or take weekly. So yeah, for y'all that wants to wait until I'm done writing the whole thing then you can just look at the title and wait until the '[NOT DONE]' mark is gone! That's all for now,
Enjoy:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
The door knob clicked and turned, causing the once asleep redhead to spur to life as his eyes opened slightly. He yawned groggily as he used his hands to push his body up and away from the comfort of his bed, sitting back on his legs. He stretched as he scratched his head causing him to yelp slightly in pain as he accidentally burned his elbow with his wings. Yup, that woke him up.

He groaned, glaring at his wings and blowing on his elbow. Strangely, his elbow skin didn't turn raw or anything, like one would expect from directly touching scorching flames, it just felt hot. Extremely so, but no other injuries. He noticed that earlier too when he tested them out, no matter how long he grabbed onto them, it only made him feel painfully hot, but no injuries or inflammation even though it easily set the things it touched on fire. Maybe because they were his wings? He may never know for now.

Anyways, the redhead stretched again as he hopped off the bed, being careful not to get burned this time as he peeked at the door to see Megan come in.

He smiled charmingly,
"Yo Megan! Got anything for me?"

The said girl jumped slightly at that, as if she forgot all about his existence for a moment. Muttering out a small, "Oops" under her breath which was all that he needed to confirm his suspicions. And with that, his stomach growled in defiance. He's gonna go hungry tonight...

"Sorry Naruda, I completely forgot! Something...sudden happened and I got preoccupied..."

Naruda didn't question it since she seemed like she didn't want to talk about it for now as he waved her off.

"It's fine, really. My stomach can go for a day without food. Just go to sleep, I've got my rest and you need yours. I'll go take a shower to get rid of these again."

He said, pointing out to his wings in exasperation as Megan quirked a smirk in amusement. She opened her mouth to say something but Naruda beat her to it,

"Don't worry, I won't try anything funny. I don't want to get my @ss frozen by you. No thanks."

She nodded firmly at that.

"You better not. I'll hit the bed then. Don't go burning anything."

"Yes mom~"

Megan rolled her eyes at that as Naruda went into the tiny bathroom and closed the door shut. Megan stared at his door for a while, sighing in relief only once she heard the water running as she propelled herself onto the bed. Her last thoughts were if she could somehow escape Naruda early morning. He really seemed like a nice guy, but she couldn't take chances. Not again.

Naruda soon came out only after a few minutes, steam coming out of the bathroom before he closed it. Wearing his current clothes with a towel around his neck, using it to dry his hair with his hands, his wings being gone for now. He reeled his arms back to connect his joints properly after not moving them for a while under the sprinkling rain of the shower.

He sighed as he plopped himself onto the chair, looking back at Megan to see her fast asleep. She must've been really tired and exhausted. He smiled a bit. Walking over and grabbing a blanket to drape it gently over her before sitting back again. He let out another sigh, checking his watch with a look that could be defined as sorrow and yet not quite.