Chapter 4: A Friend's Duty

Hey! I'm back...not dead. Gosh, i have a lot to say but I guess it'll have to wait. This chapter is 14K+ words btw. So Enjoy and plz read the note at the end of the chapter, its improtant!!!

Again, Enjoy:-

_______________________________________________________

"My name is Berumi Hiyoran."
I'm not sure why, yet for some reason, at that moment, it just felt right. Giving out a name that was different from my own...

I...don't remember much.
Except that I was devilishly attacked by a group of three shadows who appeared out of nowhere during our school's camping trip.
I couldn't believe it...
Shadows, after Mega's explosion, returned back to their rightful places as nothing but lightless spaces beneath us. I, we...none of us noticed them disappearing from right under our feet again. The 365 days of peace must've gotten into our heads and tricked us into thinking that we shall never hear of Mega again...that we were finally free.
But those shadows proved us wrong. Proved to us that Mega wasn't gone forever,...that the nightmare was to stretch on.

Sigh...

I guess, all we can do now is fight on. Thankfully, I kept my glowing weapon from that time, that fight that started and was supposed to end a year ago. But those three took me by surprise and...sorry, I don't remember after that except that I threw out my old glowing weapon and as I did that, my own body started to glow only for me to wake up from that nightmare to find myself in a landscape that felt as though I crawled out of a dream.

I groaned as I felt my back ache. And not just my back, but my entire body. It felt as though I was being stabbed all over the place. Over and over again. It hurt. Hurt so bad that I felt like crying, so much to the point that I forced my eyes open only for them to be stabbed by a blinding light and...a completely white landscape. Or is it a room? Yes, a room.

I blinked a couple of times to get used to the light as I tried to make out where the heck I was. It took a while but once I was able to make out my left from my right, I could finally make out the fact that I was indeed in a room. A brightly lit white one at that. The curtains blew with the breeze of the open window, a wooden desk beside my bed. Oh right, I'm resting on a bed currently as it seems. Covered in bandages here and there, wearing a hospital gown.

Hospital gown?

I looked around some more. It really did look as though I were resting in a hospital of sorts. One clean light bulb hung from the ceiling as it illuminated the room. Oh wait it wasn't lit. The light came from outside. I groaned as I held my head. I'm still so confused about everything...was my head even screwed on properly? I tried taking deep breaths as I shifted in my bed to face the window better. Even though the curtains were distracting a bit, I could still tell that the scenery was beautiful...and strangely familiar too.

The door suddenly creaked and I snapped my head towards it, or I would've wanted to but I felt too sluggish to do that and so ended up just turning my head ever so slowly towards the direction of the noise.

A girl emerged from within it. She had a broad forehead yet a beautiful face with bright green eyes and strangely light pinkish hair. She wore a red gown that was unlike what I've seen before and yet...again...it felt familiar as though I've already seen all this before. If my head didn't throb so much, I'm pretty sure that I would've already figured it out.

The girl walked through what I assumed to be my hospital room normally as if she's already been here many times before. I looked on peculiarly, following her with my head as she walked over to the desk beside my bed, inspecting the wilting flowers in the vase on top of it. Weird, I must have been really dazed not to notice that being there before.

I kept on staring as she looked at the flowers sadly then sighed,

"They're already wilti-AAAAHHHHHH!!!!"