Chapter 1- Untold Secrets

Chapter 2

She's gone...Paige is gone.

The words kept repeating in my mind like a broken record as I listlessly strolled through the busy halls of our community high school. I stuffed my ear phones deep into my ears, and allowed the song to drown out the unessary sounds from the boisterous students who were blissfully greeting their friends.

With my gaze focused intently on the tile floor, and hands buried far into the pockets of my hoodie, I briskly wandered to my last hour, avoiding any unintended run-ins with anyone. Right about now, I'd be cracking jokes with Paige and socializing with others...but not today. After her disapperance everything changed. My whole mood and attitude was different. I picked at the lint that clinged to the bottom of my sweater as I turned corners and made my way closer to class.

All I had to do was slip into the seat farthest away from the front and drift into my own thoughts, I told myself. Then It'll all be over...I'd be free to cry all I want and be allowed to release the unwanted anguish in my body, I thought taking an ample amount of air. A feeling of discomfort entered the pit of my stomach, as I recalled upsetting Paige the last day I saw her. I couldn't help to wonder if I possibly could of played a part in her disapperan-

"Milan, wait up!"

I continued to stroll forward, disregarding the call completely. Judging from the masculine tone, it had to be Bryce. But I was a little skeptical, in that he never really acknowleged me whenever he was around his friends. I was actually shocked that he had the guts to say my name in front of them. A strong grip encircled my waist, causing me to stop in my tracks as he turned me around. I relucantanly gazed up into the deep cerulean eyes complimented with hues of green that belonged to Bryce, who was looking down at me with a distressed expression.

"Milan, I tried calling you and you didn't answer so-"

I wiggled free from his grip and twirled around on my heel, practically making a run for it to my last hour. But of course, I should of known that it was absolutely absurd to attempt at outrunning one of the most athlethic boys at our school. He grabbed hold of my arm and gently pulled me back, until I was forced to look at him once again. He pulled me closer to himself as he said,

"Did you hear me Milan? I was going to ask if you were ok until you just stormed off like that!"

"No Bryce! I'm not ok! I just lost my friend! Do you think I'm alright?" I replied, on the verge of tears.

He reluctantly let go and backed up as my voice slightly raised an octave. Tears forming at the corner of my eyes, nearly spilled out as I glared at him with my fists balled up, trying to hide my sadness by replacing it with anger. I took a deep breath, and gripped the strap to my bag tighter, deciding that I would skip last hour and just go home. I turned on my heel and stormed towards the bathroom, completely ignoring his last remark.

"You know I lost my girlfriend too, right?" He called after me.

I threw open the door, barging into the inadequate space they call a 'bathroom', while walking towards the mirror, throwing my bag on the counter before letting out a sigh. I gazed deep into the mirror, examining my reflection. The way my lips were drawn into a pout, and how my hair looked as if I rolled out of bed all pointed to the conclusion that I was nowhere close to being alright. I dug through my junk, pulling out my concealer and carefully dabbing it under my eyes in an attempt to cover up the red puffiness spent from all the crying the night before.

"Well someone looks like crap today."

I gradually turned my head, until my eyes locked onto Tiffany's profile. She was bent over, peering into the mirror while simultaneously scrunching her curls and smearing lipstick across her already plump llips.

"Excuse me?" I asked, completely shocked.

She closed the cap to her nude lipstick and threw it back into her purse, before backing away from her reflection and turning her eyes to mine.

As usual, her feminine yet daring make-up, perfectly sculpted curls without any frizz, and a plain v-neck complemented with a blazer under jeggings was flawless. I guess that was one of the requirments of being the "it" girl of the school. There was never a day she looked horrendous. She could wear a garbage bag and make it look as if it were haute couture straight from the runways in France. I never was the girl to be totally into fashion, but she suddenly made my skinny jeans, navy blue converse, and slim American Eagle hoodie feel out of place. And I actually made an effort on my outfit today.

"You heard me. I was just stating the obvious. No need to get offended now." She said pulling out her blackberry and brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"No need to get offended? Um, sorry to disappoint you but that kind of hurt. I just lost my friend. At least show some sincerity for me." I said, capping on the concealer that I was gripping before throwing it back into my bag.

"Ok then, sorry." She said looking up and planting a hand firmly on her hip.

"Whatever."

She fumbled with her phone for a moment before gathering her stuff and heading towards the door. Halfway there, she turned around and trailed her eyes from my outfit to my eyes.

"Oh and just so you know Milan, I know way more about her disappearance than you think. Don't mess with me little miss know it all." She commented, waving her manicured finger in the air. She turned around with a smirk and threw open the door, strutting her way to class.

I stood still in pure awe, attempting to process the words I just heard.

I know way more about her disappearance than you think.

What did she know...that I didn't?

EventualIy, I deliberately made my way out of the bathroom with a flushed look clearly visible on my face. I turned in the direction of my last class, deciding that it was best that I didn't skip after all. I don't think I could stand any more haranguing about my responsiblities from my mother, much less the principal.

I leisurely turned the chilly brass knob and opened the door, watching everyone turn their heads towards my direction.

I let out a substantial sigh, before taking the last seat...in the front.

Could this day get any worse?

***

So how is it so far??? :D Please share your thoughts in the comments below (including you silent readers, lol!) Its the best way to tell me how I'm doing or just your feedback on everything. Thanks for reading! ♥