Day One

I felt the vibrations of my bed.

Again... and again.. and again...

Realization hit me as it was my alarm clock, jolting me awake as it was a new day.

I quickly brushed my teeth and got dressed into something decent looking and made my way out my apartment. I jogged down the stairs, greeted the receptionist with a simple wave and smile. I made my way out the front door and towards what's got to be the best coffeshop known to mankind.

I walked through the doors and sat myself at a small table in the corner of the shop waiting for the waiter to come.

I grabbed the untangled earphones out of my bag, plugging them into my phone and placing them in my ears. I looked up to see a waitress walking towards me with an apron around her waist and a notepad in her hands. I quickly grabbed a pen out of my bag and scribbled my order down on a napkin and gave it to her with a shy smile. Confused, she took it and walked away.

I soon switched my attention from her to my bag, pulling out my journal from my bag. I opened it up, put a heading at the top, and started writing.

I felt a tap on my shoulder to the right and I looked up to see a somewhat cute blue-eyed boy with dirty blondish hair asking me something. I couldn't quite comprehend.. Pen?.. and he gestured scribbling. I then realized he needed my pen. I handed it to him as he quickly jotted something down on his paper and returned it to me smiling a small thank you.

My order of a cream cheese bagel and hot chocolate with marshmallows soon arrived and I started to eat. From the corner of my eye, I could see the boy glancing at me now and then. I ignored his stares and enjoyed my breakfast.

Once I finished I quickly packed up my journal and made my way to the counter and payed. I opened the door of the shop and turned around once more to awkwardly meet eyes with the boy. I could feel my cheeks turn a bright red before I rushed out of the shop seeing a smirk form on the boy's face.