Chapter 7

Not sure if anyone actually wants this story anymore, but I'll continue with it.

Thanks...

"Lexie, you look gorgeous," Megan said after hours of makeup and hair fixing. "Like, absolutely breathtaking."

"Do I look totes adorbs?" I say sarcastically.

"Yeah, you really do," she countered. I turn to look at myself in the mirror but she pushes me away.

"No, no, no! Not yet! You can goggle over yourself later, but right now, you're getting married! It's time!" she was eccentric. Before I even had time to feel nervous, my arm was on Ben's and he was walking me down the stairs while someone played the piano. I knew Megan's house was nice, but I never knew it was this nice. I was suddenly afraid that I would trip. But Ben was a strong hold and I was glad.

"Ben, I love you," I whispered, squeezing his arm.

"I love you too, Lex. Good luck out there." he said. Apparently, Megan had told Andrew to meet me halfway down the stairs because he's suddenly in front of me. He turns to Ben and asks for permission to lead me to the stand. Ben accepts and then turns to me. He kisses my cheek and squeezes my hand one last time. Then, my arm is converted onto Andrew's, and I'm safe again.

"You look beautiful," Andrew tells me as we walk up to the stand. I'm so choked up all I can say is:

"Thanks."

We finally make it to the stand and start our vows. Andrew looks to me when his part it done and says in possibly his most sincere voice, "I do,". Then the pastor turns to me. He asks if I am willing to do this, to do that, and I say, trying to match Andrew's sincerity, "I do,". Andrew chuckles at my voice and doesn't even wait for the pastor to tell him to kiss me.

He had to be the one to pull away from the kiss, and its good he did, or else we would've been there forever. Friends and family stand up and applaud and then Andrew and I are shuffled off the the side to meet with loved ones. My second cousin, Jake, is the first to meet up with us.

"Hey, Lexie! Congratulations, honey!" He gives me a very well composed hug, and then I remember: Jake is gay. I always forget about that. "You two are just so cute, it's unbearable." he says, shaking his head. I laugh and see that Andrew is laughing too; and it's a sincere laugh.

Next up is Andrew's dad, which I'm not to thrilled about.

Andrew's dad is a gruff man with muscles and a temper. He often changes into a werewolf at even the slightest argument. He's the alpha of a huge pack just out of town and since the pack's territory is so close to Andrew's father's house, we almost never visit. That pack is the main reason Andrew got an apartment. The pack is full of disgusting middle aged men, all of which act like I don't have a boyfriend. If I ever even go near the pack boundaries, they will hoot at me to come over and stay the night. They said they 'want somma dat ass' and that kind of thing. I don't have much respect for Andrew's father and his pack, but I don't let it show.

"Lexie, Andrew," his breath reeks of alcohol. "I'm hoping you two have a long 'n' happy life together. Good luck." Andrew thanks him quietly and he's gone, but the smell of alcohol lingers.

Next up is Megan's mother, (which is Andrew's aunt) Christine. Christine had dark hair like Megan and brown, bulging eyes. She's a very comfortable person, meaning she speaks her mind rather often. She walks up to us quickly and then shakes her head as if she were dizzy.

"Wow!" she says, looking dazed. "You two drinking already? It smells like alcohol!" Andrew snickers at her comment.

"No, Christine. Technically, Lexie's not even allowed to drink. That was my father."

"Phew, he stinks real bad." she says, her eyes bulging more than usual. "Well, just thought I'd say 'Congratulations' on your marriage! You two are just so cute!"

"That's almost exactly what my gay second cousin said." I say politely. Christine's smiles falters and she walks off with one last halfhearted "Congratulations".

My friends, Hannah and Cedric, are now in front of us. Hannah gives me a small hug and comments on how beautiful my dress looks. Cedric, who she is apparently now in a relationship with, congratulates me lightly and tells Andrew to treat me well in a stiff voice. As they walk away, Andrew leans into me and whispers into my ear, and I love it so much.

"Why does he want me to treat you well?" Andrews asks quietly, his words tickling my ear.

"I dated Cedric a long time ago." I say simply. "I'm over him though, don't worry."

After much family and many friends, the line is almost done. The last group of people apporach and I feel really awkward all of a sudden.

"Lexie! We missed you last night!" Carly says half-heartedly.

"Yeah, what happened to you?" Amy asks. "Max won't tell us." I feel tears welling up in my eyes and I try to blink them away, but they only boil over and betray me.

"Lexie, what's wrong?" Andrew asks forcefully. "What's the matter? Are you hurt?"

"Nah, I think the news that she's stuck with you forever just sank in," said Maddy sarcastically. Andrew glares at her, but I laugh quietly.

"Well, congratulations. Have fun on your honeymoon," Carly says cheerfully. The three girls all give me gentle hugs then walk away quietly.

"Lexie, was that about Max?" Andrew asks once they're gone. I nod. Suddenly, I am being pushed away from Andrew's warm embrace.

"I love you!" Andrew calls as Megan pushes me back up the stairs.

"That was beautiful! I'm gonna help you change into the reception dress, then I need to fix my makeup, the emotions starting running during the ceremony. And then we'll - Oh! Lexie, have you been crying?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it."

"Well, first let's get your dress on, then I'll touch up your makeup." She puts a white knee length gown on me. It looks innocent enough. She recurls my hair quickly then redoes the makeup around my eyes. When I look in the mirror, I don't even notice myself. I see a creature, a creature from another planet, the planet were everyone is beautiful all the time. The planet that I'm not from.

"Wow," I say quietly. I see Megan in the mirror, fixing her mascara, glance over at me.

"Yeah, I did a pretty good job, didn't I?" I run over and hug her from behind.

"Yes, Megan. You did fabulous."

"Hey, hey, thanks, but can you back off? That dress is gorgeous, and so is mine. Let's not ruin 'em just yet." she says defensively. I look down at Megan's grey bridesmaid dress that I had chosen for all my bridesmaids.

Megan sighs as she finished her makeup and then she turns to me.

"Well, what do you say? Are you ready to party?"