Chapter 1

Okayy...hey guys(:

Just thought I'd say that its not onlythis chapter that's dedicated to NeverSayNo, but the whole book. Just something to keep in mind.

Just to let you know, you don't know how much it means to me that you actually really like this book! Thank you so much, NeverSayNo, thanks SOO much!(:(:<3

Chapter 1

I stared into his eyes. The amazing hazel eyes. He was looking to the forward of the room, actually watching TV. Andrew turned to face me.

"Lexie? You alright?" he asked, his face concerned.

"Yeah...I'm fine." I told him, not taking my eyes off his.

"Alright..." he said, slowly turning back to the TV screen. I continued to stare into his eyes until I heard the creaky front door open and smack back into its frame. I knew what was coming next -

"I'M HOME!!" Ben bellowed.

"WE KNOW!!" I hollered back. I heard him laugh and felt Andrew's eyes on me. I looked at Andrew again, once more gazing into his eyes. He gazed into mine and it was a serious moment. I heard some slurred words in the background, and I knew Ben was talking to me. I ignored it and continued to look into Andrew's eyes. I heard more slurring, this time more distinct though. Then, right as I was going to move toward Andrew, I heard Ben's jaw snap together.

"Ben!" I cried out, immediately looking to him, seeing a huge gray wolf standing there. "Ben, stop!" Ben snarled again and then forced himself into a human.

"You weren't listening to me!" he threw at me.

"I got lost!" I replied back.

"Then maybe I should get you a map!" he bellowed at me.

"Shut up!" I told him, and I leaped off the couch to go upstairs and collect myself in my room. I opened my door, leaving it ajar, knowing Andrew would shut it behind himself. I threw myself onto my too-small bed and the springs groaned. I heard the door shut and then heard Andrew's cool voice.

"Don't mind Ben...he's just being...Ben." Andrew said, trying to unsuccessfully comfort me. I turned my face away from the bed to face him.

"He bothers me sometimes. I'm sorry you have to put up with him." I said to Andrew, and I was truly sorry.

"It's not your fault, Lexie. You can't help having an annoying uncle." he said, sitting down next to me.

"I know, but I still feel bad that you're always around him. And you're house isn't exactly an option..."

"...because my dad is always running around with his puppy pals, I know. But you know...in about one week you'll be able to mate and we can get out of Ben's presence. Maybe move to Oregon...settle down...and, you know, mate." he said luringly.

"Yeah...those will be the times..." I was at the point in my life where I was seriously considering mating Andrew. I definitely loved him enough...knew him enough...everything I needed to be able to mate him: Know him and love him.

  The next thing I knew, Andrew was a wolf and he was nuzzling me. The next thing I knew I was a wolf, nuzzling him. He licked my neck and I nibbled his tail. We were practically as close to making out as it is when you're a werewolf.

  And then, we were back as people, Andrew on top of me his hands down next to my head as I panted. His chest heaved and he stared into my eyes. I tried to look anywhere but his. Andrew always did this. After we would make out, he would stare at my eyes and if I looked at his, he would consider us mated. He had made me swear I wouldn't do that until I was old enough.

  I was looking intensely at the door, and then I felt his warm lips press against mine again. I restrained myself from turning into a wolf, and kissed Andrew back. There we were, on my springy, uncomfortable bed, on the verge of making love.

"Lexie," Andrew said, pulling away from me. "I can't wait another week." and he pulled off his shirt.

"Oh, Andrew, I can't either..." I said, watching him, hating what I was about to say. "but I can't. I have to wait. I don't want Ben to be mad at me... I'm sorry honey..."

 Andrew stared at me blankly, as if he wouldnt believe what I had just said. I stared at my future mate, my shirtless future mate, with big eyes that were upset. I couldn't stand upsetting him. I kissed him once, a passionate kiss that lasted long enough, and then walked out of my room.

  Andrew was upset, definitely, but he still followed me like a puppy downstairs.

Ben was on the couch where Andrew had been less than ten minutes later, gnawing on a bone from the chicken he seemed to have eaten.

"What were you guys doing up there?" Ben asked, still staring at the TV.

"Well, you know...almost breaking the law, what else?" I told him. Andrew looked at me as if I were stupid for being honest to Ben, but Ben just laughed.

"Of course, what am I worrying about? You two barely ever get into trouble."

I decided to test Ben. I hadn't tested him in a while, so now seemed like a good time. I pulled Andrew over to the small armchair I loved to sit in and I sat on his lap. Ben looked at us skeptically, but tried to focus mainly on the TV. I started kissing Andrew, and he followed quickly. Ben (from what I could see out of the corner of my eye), was watching us in awe.

  Ben permitted it for about a minute until he finally snapped at me to stop being so enticing.

"Sorry," I said innocently, putting on an act for Ben and gazing unrealistically loving into Andrew's eyes.  "but I don't think I can wait another week, Ben...I don't know..." I knew Andrew could tell I was acting, but I was positive Ben was buying it. His face was beet red and he was trying hard to put all of his attention on the TV. He finally let loose and turned to me.

"Lexie, you will not break the rules, but if you do, you're breaking them at his house!" Ben exclaimed, standing up and stomping into his room.

Andrew and I held back laughs until he got into his room, then we started sincerely cracking up. I looked into his eyes and kissed him once.

I knew I wasn't going to break the rules, but it was a definite possibility that Andrew might convince me to...

**

sorry for such a short chapter....(: