Those Lips, Those Eyes...

Chapter 1 – Those Lips, Those Eyes…
{Cara POV} – (1999)

I screamed and flung my arm in the air violently as the band began playing Minute Of Decay. Yes, I was at a Marilyn Manson concert. What of it? I’d been waiting all year for this…and, oh, what a night! We’d rocked our hearts out…but now it was time to say goodbye…for everyone but me! I had a backstage pass! So did probably twenty others, but I had a backstage pass! Inner rejoicing!

It was as the final song began to play that I noticed it. Pogo, my all-time favourite member and, let’s face it, my celeb crush…was staring down at me with…were his eyes actually glowing red? No…must’ve been the lights…but he was staring at me…

I smiled to myself as I rocked on with the crowd. Who knows…maybe this night could get even better…

***

I took a deep breath in and stepped into the meet and greet room, eyes scanning the occupants. There was Manson and Twiggy…being hit on by wannabe’s. Zim-Zum and John were signing something I couldn’t see…and Pogo…was nowhere in sight…

“Hello.” I heard his voice directly behind me and I jumped about a foot in the air, only just managing to not squeal as I turned to face him. “Sorry…”

“It’s fine…” I replied with a small smile. “Great show, by the way.”

He chuckled. “Thanks…yeah…I saw you enjoying yourself out there.” He smirked as I blushed. “I’m glad you enjoyed the show…” he smiled and put his hand on my shoulder for a moment. He took two steps away from me and turned, looking at me curiously. “Hey, um, don’t be weird about this next sentence but…stick around…I’d really love to chat with you some more.”

“I’ve got nowhere to be.” I smiled back as he nodded in approval.

Good.” He almost growled out the word and I felt my stomach do a little summersault as he turned and walked over to Twiggy and Manson.

"I'm Cara!" I smiled after him and he looked back at me with a 'melt you into butter' smile.

“Well that went fucking splendid…” I muttered to myself. ‘On the bright side though…’ my inner voice continued. ‘He wants to see you later…’

***

I was sat on the edge of the stage with Pogo, swinging my legs absent-mindedly as we chatted and laughed while the bands roadies packed up the gear behind us…well…the stuff that hadn’t been trashed.

“It’s true, Twiggy really did do that.” Pogo nodded with fake seriousness and I smirked as we became silent for a time…looking around awkwardly for a moment.

“So…” I began awkwardly, my smile turning shy again.

“So…” he copied me with a smirk.

“You guys heading off tomorrow…or are you sticking around for a while?” I asked and bit my bottom lip.

“You shouldn’t do that…” Pogo chuckled and I frowned slightly.

“Why?”

“Because you’re so adorable someone might just have to kiss you and bite that lip for you.” He replied, his voice low and gravelly…very different from the endearing, high laugh he had.

I blushed and looked down, ignoring the look he gave me. “So you’re not sticking around?”

“No, we are. We’ve got a week off til the next gig…so we’ll hang about… cause some trouble and what not.” He smirked and scooted a bit closer to me. “Why?”

“Was just hoping you’d stick around for a bit.” I shrugged and looked at my Batman watch. Geeze, it’s late!” I laughed and jumped off the stage. “I gotta get going…”

“I’ll walk you out.” He smiled…but it was slightly predatory in nature. He walked with me out of the venue silently, occasional heated glances thrown my way, making my blush. As we got outside the venue, he caught my hand, that possessive, predatory smile back in place. “Walk you home?” he asked and I shook my head, laughing lightly when he pouted at me and then sighed. “Well, seeing as I have a week off…can I at least see you again?” I thought about that for a moment, biting my lower lip again. “You’re tempting me again, Cara.” He smirked and leant forward slightly to illustrate his point.

There were two ways he could see me again…come by my work…or see my band perform… “I work at a record store down on Veech Avenue.” I smiled, scrawling my number on a piece of paper and tucking it in his pocket when I stepped in close to him, brushing my lips over his in a chaste kiss. “Rock On Broadway…” I stepped back and turned, triumphant smile in place as I sauntered off towards my car. “Come see me some time!” I called over my shoulder, swaying my hips a little.

I heard him call back to me as I stepped into my car. “Oh, I will…”

I smiled as I planted my foot on the gas and sped off. Damn girl! What had got into me tonight?!

***

{Pogo POV}

I watched her drive away, feeling a presence behind me. I turned and saw my kinds’ ‘doctor’ of sorts…well…the man who found our other halves…our mates. “Evening, Doctor Felton…” I began warily. “What brings you here?”

“Making sure you met her.” He smirked. “Good progress by the way, my lad.”

I raised an eyebrow at him. “She’s mine?”

“Yes, my boy…all yours.” He smiled and claped me on the back. “Now you just need to woo her and change her…not so hard now, is it?” he winked at me and sauntered off into the night.

I scoffed at him and looked off in the direction Cara had driven. “Easy for you to say…”
_______________________________________________
So...how's the beginning?