Lesson Number 1: Keep your head up

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Urgggggggh.

The word itself is revolting. Grimacing, I give the bar counter an extra hard scrub. The idiot who was on shift before me spilt some kind of sticky liquid all over the counter, giving me extra work to do.

God, I don't even know what I'm doing here. I should just have stayed at home and mope about the real meaning of love.

Yesterday after I said I'll take the role, I didn't go to lunch. Oh, no. Instead, I went to the teachers' office with Penelope and sat in there for thirty minutes, listening to her telling how I have a beautiful voice and face and how the role would be perfect for me, except could I please learn to be more sweet and gentle?

I looked like a girl who got in trouble. The office was made entirely of glass so everyone who walked past gave me odd looks. Truth is, nobody ever really gets called into the office unless you broke rules or failed in all your grades.

After that, she made me tell her what was really going on between me and Tyler. 

My situation was extremely personal, so excuse me for not wanting to spill my guts to a complete albeit famous stranger. So I lied. And lied. And lied some more.

1. My parents are divorced (OK, this much was true) and I learnt a lot from them, because the main reason they divorced was 'cause they got married too early and so I want to wait until I'm in university to start dating.

2. Tyler hit on me so many times I just got sick of seeing his face. It got a bit better now, but who knows what might happen if we both got cast into the same play?

3. Yes, I dislike Tyler, no I do not hate him, yes I know he's a good actor and he's got all the qualities to be Pierre and no, I don't believe in love. I'm not saying never, just not yet. I need time to recover, you know?

Then she went all 'ohhhhhhh' and said she gets why I act the way I do.

Excuse me? 

I sigh and rinse the cloth, and then twist it like a sausage to squeeze the water out of it. If I ever happen to see the girl who was working before me, I'd murder her. What is this stuff anyways, red glue? Extra sticky pre-Halloween fake blood?

STILL EDITING :)

xx