Announcement

dedicated to _pineapplepants_ for the lovely cover!! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Holley! You wouldn't believe it! Oh my God, have I got the best news ever!” Katie comes barreling towards me as I sort through my books in my locker. “I so totally can't wait, and you know what's the best part? It's that -”

She crashes into me and almost sent me sprawling on the floor. "Katie! Jesus! Calm down!"

Trying to calm Katie down is like trying to calm a wild tiger. She's loquacious and naive and easily excited, and half the time she just babbles on and on and I don't get have of what she's saying. But I love her anyways; she's the one best friend I could always count on.

"So what's this cool unbelievable news?"

She pauses to draw in a deep breath, like she's preparing to make an announcement that would change the fate of the world. Or that the world doesn't end on December 2012, but October instead. “Guess what the Drama Club is holding at the end of the year? It's different from last year, so guess. Guess!"

The drama club held this stupid audition to raise money for kids who has cancer. In my opinion, that amount of money just probably went into the principle's pockets, because, let's face it, she's greedy, and everyone knows it.

Somehow a pair of Justin Beiber front row tickets went up to 4000 dollars. It's unbelievable. It's dramatic. Honestly, it's so stupid. I can't seem to stress enough on just how stupid the whole damn thing was. To make it worse, the audition required attendance of everyone. My backbone hurted so much afterwards.

"A contest." Like singing. Or dancing. That's be so much bet - 

"What? No!"

"A play." Please, let it be a play so I can audition and be in it and get to add it to my list of plays I've been in since elementary schoool. The longer the list, the bigger the chance Julliard will look in my direction.

"It's better than that." she looks eagerly at me. I recognize that look. Any minute she's going to yell at the top of her lun - "A musical!"

See?

Then what she said kicks in. "Oh my God!" My eyes widen. "Really? Really?"

“Yes! It's Beauty and the Beast, and they're holding auditions tomorrow in the gym! You have to go and get the lead Holls! It's a once in a lifetime chance. Or, should I say, the once in a lifetime."

It all sounds amazing but what does Katie mean, once in a lifetime? "I don't get it. I've been in so many plays before, what's so special about this one?"

Katie giggles like a happy schoolchild. Sometimes, I think she's actually one at heart. But I can't say anything without being a hypocrite, because I still in love with Disney Princesses and Winnie the Pooh. "Because Penelope Holmes is going to be there!" she exclaims as if it's the most obvious reason in the world. "You know what I heard? Penelope is going to select one girl and one boy from the musical to join her acting company! It's a fab opportunity!"

I already died and gone to heaven the moment I heard Penelope Holmes' name.

She's this awesomely talented woman who started modelling at age three, landed her first role at the age of four, and then won an Academy Award for that movie. All her subsequent roles were equally amazing, and she's my one and only role model.

Well, maybe not that precise. I do like that Vampire Diaries star a lot. And Gossip Girl too. Still. The point is, if Penelope Holmes is going to visit and determine one girl to join her company, I'm going to make sure it's me.