The Job of a High School Chef!: 3

"Ugh!"

"Hold still!"

"I don't like how this feels! It's so girly!"

"It's a dress! It's not manly! Hush up and for Pete's sake, stop moving!"

You flinched when she pulled the fabric tighter together and zipped up the back of the dress. And once it was over, you didn't even realize you were holding your breath until you heard her sigh in relief.

She grabbed your shoulders and turned you around to where you were seeing yourself in the mirror.

"There. See, don't you look pretty?"

You looked yourself up and down, on the outside showing a frown of disgust, but on the inside...you thought you looked kinda nice.

"I hate it."

She sighed and held back an eye roll. "Come on, you're used to wearing dresses, you shouldn't be so negative every time you put one on."

You twisted your neck to look at her and smile. "I hate it."

"Ow!" You yelped and rubbed the center of your forehead, where she flicked you out of annoyance.

She plopped a hand bag in your hand and smiled warmly at you. "I know this will make you uncomfortable, but just smile and at least try to have fun."

And with a kiss on the spot where she abused you, she was practically pushing you out the door.

"And try bringing home a cute one, okay?"

Your eyes widened as you looked back, but she was already shutting the door. Glancing around at the empty street, you sighed deeply. And with your arms crossed, you began walking down the street.

"Wait, Mei!"

Furrowing your brows, you turned around and once you saw the running figure of Haruhi, you smiled. "Hey, Haruhi. You're walking too, huh?"

She shrugged as she stopped and you both continued walking. "My dad's not home around this time. So, you're stuck with me."

She stepped in front of you, moving her legs so she was walking backwards and looked you over.

"Wow, you look great, Mei. You should wear dresses more often."

She looked up and her happiness faded once she saw the frown on your face.

"No, thanks."

You took the moment to look over her outfit. Of course, it wasn't some poofy dress. It was a suit, most likely one provided by the host club. And you were sure that if anyone from school actually saw you both together, they'd assume the most logical thing.

*honk* *honk*

You both slowed down and looked back. You mentally groaned.

"Oh, great."

By the look of the sleek, long black limousine, you already guessed it was some group of girls ready to jump Haruhi's bones and stampede over you to do it.

But that thought left when the sun roof rolled down and two familiar faces poked out.

"Hey, sis! Hey, Haruhi!"

As soon as the car came to a stop, the door to the side facing you opened up and you both peeked inside, to see Tamaki relaxing in the seat right in front of it, Kyoya sitting beside him, and the legs of the two boys that first greeted you, standing beneath the exposed top.

Tamaki spread his arms.

"Good evening, ladies. It's far too cold to be walking out here. Care for a ride?"