18

" She was broken. 
But no one could ever fix her,
Because anyone who got too close would get cut."

~~~

~~~
...
...
...

      THE trip to the woods was a dead end; nothing but snide comments from Alec and professional eyerolls from Jane. " Let's start to head back." My head lifting up ok instinct to look up at the sky and see a full moon looming over us. ' Why aren't you out...'
" This was a complete waste of our time," Alec growls turning his back towards me before walking away. That I'm assuming was completely out of character and it hurt me slightly to see him mad.
" I can't say I disagree with my brother." Jane stands beside me before walking away her cape swaying slightly with each step.
    I rolled my shoulders back the stress of the ordeal taking over. " Well, this was fun.," I grumble under my breath taking a step forward only to tense up every muscle in my body. The smell alone has my throat burning and my instincts are clawing at the surface.
     Blood. Pushing my thirst aside I forward my eyebrows and walk slowly up to a large olive tree that stood off to the side. Something didn't feel right and as I got closer something didn't smell right either. Pulling out my gun from its holster I hold the weapon in front of me as I walk under the branches of the large tree.
     The knotted trunk twisted and turned more ways then I could count. As I got closer to the trunk I blinked in surprise and take three steps back in shock. On the knotted trunk was a summing symbol for one of the most feared creatures the devil commanded. Before I could process what I was seeing a shift in the wind stirred the branches of the tree causing them to rattle freely.
    And like the heavens above decided I had become the main character in a horror movie a decapitated head fell right at my feet. Jumping back I yelped in shock as the head rolled slightly until its eyes looked right at me. From the cracks around its neck and the fact that no blood was leaking out left me to the conclusion that it was A vampire. But most importantly a Volturi Guard.
    Stepping back, even more, hanging branches brush against my cheek and neck a warm liquid dripping down onto my skin. Gasping in shock I jumped away from the tree backing up even more until I stood where I originally started. Human blood. That tree was dripping human blood! Snapping out of my shock I quickly turn on my heels and take off in the direction that Alec and Jane left. All the while scolding myself for letting them off by themselves.
    They weren't trained to handle monsters like these. To them, they were the only monsters people should fear. This beast wanted the Volturi dead and what better way to place a massive blow to their system than to take out their two most prized possessions. Picking up my speed I try to pinpoint their direction by noise. However, a stomping footfalls from beside me distract me and rightfully so as I stare into glowing fire-colored eyes.

   ' Shit

   ' Shit...' the monster seems to smile at me and it sends shivers down my spine. Then it disappears. " Jane!!! Alec!!" I scream out now truly terrified for the twins. Turning my head slightly I look to see if the monster was still following when I slam into something hard taking us both down. " What in the name of!!" Jane growls from under me but I don't have time to care as I push off the ground and frantically search for Alec.
    Relaxing slightly when I see him standing off to the side a scowl carved onto his chiseled face...NO focus! " I need to get you two out of here now!" I go to grab jane when a deep horse growl shakes the trees around us. All of our heads snap to the source of the noise and fear makes my venom run cold.
   Alec immediately speeds towards us standing rigidly in shock and protection. The beast rears up on it's hind legs its chest rumbling as it takes a deep breath. As it opens its large mouth a loud deep roar causes ever hair on my body to stand up.
    " Go!!" I scream reaching for my gun that fell off to the side. I roll away from the pair ready to draw them stars attention towards me. But then the beast charges forward its glowing eyes set on Jane who still laid on the ground.
      " Anastasia!" She screams as I jump in front of her and spin kick the monster in the snout sending him flying a good four feet away from us. I growl under my breath both in annoyance and anger.
    " Run." I snarl at the twins who both look at me with wide eyes. A low growl from the beast has me rolling my neck back the bones cracking and I go full Huntress mode.
" Ana-" I ignore Alec's call and race forward meeting the charging beast in the middle. Pulling out my gun I aim in between its eyes and let the shells fall around me.
However nothing stops the black fur bullet that's barreling towards me. Right before the monster collided with me arms wrap around me and rush me away.
Alec looks down at me like I'm crazy his arms tight around me but I don't have the time for this. Shaking him off I turn to see the monster growling and snarling at us. " I said run damn it. Get your sister back to the castle." I snarl not looking back at him.
" Not without you." I hear him snap but I'm already colliding with the mass of fur. I have to hold my breath as the stench alone made me want to gag. Rotten flesh with a mix of blood and Hell Fire.
Using my gift I try to pin the mass to a tree but it shakes its way out. Right as I'm about to pull my bow out my bow I'm thrown back. My body soars through the air until I land on my side. Rolling and tumbling slightly I bite my tongue as pain shoots up my back.
Coming to a stop I place both hands down onto the ground and shove myself up. A roar makes me move faster as I look up and see the beast cornering the twins.
" GO!!" I scream rushing toward them and using my gift to send the beast flying away from us. " Not without you damn it!" Alec grabs my wrist and I hiss under my breath. Using my other hand I grab Janes hand and take off towards the castle. Both pissed and drained. This was a retreat,  a sign of weakness and I hated it.
As we come closer to the village and the castle I let go of the twins and use my gift to push them forward. Alec tries to reach for me but I continue to send them farther away. I couldn't let them get hurt.
Turning my back to them I stare directly into the red eyes of the beast a low growl rumbling its chest. " I won't let you touch them." I snarl our faces inches away from each other.
The blasted thing seems to give me a grin and moves quickly around me. I jump in front of it making it come to a halt.
" Not getting rid of me that easily." I growl back reaching for the knives that rested on my thighs. Taking the cool metal into my hands I twirl them in my fingers before getting into my stance.
" Let's see what you've got." I whisper lowly as we begin to circle each other. It snaps its jaws at me but I just grin at it. This was my territory. A small trill slides down my spine as we lap each other for the last time.
Jumping over it's large body I throw down a knife before landing behind it my knee placed firmly onto the ground. It howls in pain twisting around slightly and I can't help smirk as it tries to get the wolves bane knife off its neck.
" Lets Get this over with." I sigh pulling my arm back and aiming for its head but as i almost release the weapon the thing rushes at me. I watch with wide eyes as it begins to smoke and then light on fire. It's whole body covered in the yellow and orange flames.
" Shit!" I roll away my back colliding with the soft grass just as the beast rushes past me. Taking a deep breath I push myself up with my elbows and look at the crisp path it left as it fled into the woods.
Falling back I groan softly looking up at the sky truly exhausted from the fight.
" Anastasia!!" I groan louder turning onto my side then rolling onto my stomach and pushing myself up. Climbing to my feet I hug my side as I feel the cracks on my back and stomach.
Alec rushes to me hesitating before clutching my arms and glaring down at me. " What the hell where you thinking?" He growls lowly and I glare up at him. " I was saving your ass from a fucking hell hound." His eyes widen slightly and I feel slightly bad as the harsh words leave my lips.
" A hell hound. I thought you said it was a wolf?" Jane comes to stand beside her brother.
" I really wish it was a wolf." I whisper looking at the burnt grass that lead into the dark woods.