6

" Every girl needs a guy best friend to make her laugh when she thinks she'll never smile again."

~~~

~~~
...
...
...

   AFTER I had calmed down enough to where I  could speak to Carlisle about the memory he guessed, because of the recent run-ins with the pair it triggered something in my mind to reach out to them. " just take it easy play with Renesmee you're the only one who hasn't bounded with her"
Carlisle says placing a gentle hand on my shoulder. I look up from where I was playing with my hands a nervous habit I had caught from Esme. " you know I was never good with kids..." I trail off and close my eyes
" she's different just try...she is your niece" he smiles gently at me helping me stand and walking me to the door. " another thing maybe try distracting yourself" Carlisle says tossing me a pair of keys which I catch with ease. " do something that relaxes you." He says over his shoulder walking back to his desk. I look down at the set of metal that sat gently in my hand a small smile spreading across my lips.
" but I don't want you using your brothers as target practice and stay away from the windows!!" Esme calls as I leave the room practically bubbling with excitement. I'm about to make a straight bee line to the basement when I hear a low cry come from the living room. This stops me in my tracks and curiosity pulls me in.
When I walk in I see baby renesme laying in her crib looking up at the ceiling her face turning red from crying. I start to panic as she starts to scream instead of low whining. Rose and Emmett had left to hunt after checking on me Edward was no where in site Alice and jasper I haven't seen this morning and Jacob was doing pack stuff. I wince as she lets out a ear splitting scream
  " Hey hey it's ok I've got you" I soothed her picking her up gently begin mindful of my supernatural strength. She opens her eyes and places her hand on my check gently I flinch back when a flash of images play through my mind. I see me tacking care of her after she was born then a image of roses face who's laughing and kissing her when a loud crash is heard in the background and Esme screams my name. I peek into her mind to see what she is asking I remember Edward saying this is how she communicates.
' are you my Aunt Anna? Are you ok? I'm hungry.' I chuckle in awe at how smart this little girl is only 2 days after begin born. " yes love I'm your Auntie Anna" I smile down at her my English accent coming out a bit as I cradled her to my chest. " let's get you some food" I say gently as I carefully walk to the kitchen heating up a bottle one handed.
" Here we go" I whisper sitting on one of the rocking chairs in the living room and placing the bottle nipple in her tiny mouth. She starts to gulp down the milk wrapping her hand around my finger tightly. " you wanna hear a story" I whisper to her after she finishes the bottle fighting the sleep that's dwelling upon her. She makes a light whining noise and I take that as a yes " well once upon a time there was a princess...." I stop and smile as I look down to see she's already asleep. Chuckling lightly I clean some drool that stats to roll down her chin
" I'll finish another time" I whisper kissing her head lightly standing up I gently set her back in her crib I watch as she snuggles into her blankets. " You'd be a great mom" I jump turning around to see Seth and Jacob leaning against the wall both having a stupid smug look on there face.
" yeah no thanks " I shake my head lightly going over and hugging Seth tightly " I never got to thank you for saving my life last night." He smirks cockily and puffs out his chest " it was nothing" he says as me and Jacob roll our eyes. " well thank you anyways geek" I laugh quietly not wanting to wake up Ness. " anytime nerd I need someone to stay up and watch Disney movies with me even though I'm the better fan" he smiles goofily " begin the fact I was there when Micky mouse first came out that makes me Walts number one and oldest fan." I smirk walking past the idiot I call my best friend
" hey that's not fair!" Seth wines in annoyance chasing after me as I walk towards the basement door. " we're you going." Seth asks as i start to unlock the door " to the dungeons" I reply smiling creepily at him as I us my powers to open the door causing it to creep open with a loud squeak.
  " ha.ha very funny Annie"he rolls his eyes following me down the wood stairs " hey believe whatever you want just don't say I didn't warn you." I smirk evilly as I walk over to flip the switch but nothing happens. " remind me to tell Carlisle to get a new lightbulb down here." I mumble taking out my phone I use it as a flashlight looking for the weapons case.
" this is cool!" I hear Seth exclaim causing me to turn around to make sure he's not touching something he's not suppose to. I relax slightly as see him admiring a old mummy body we found when me and Carlisle went to Egypt for a month a few 50 years ago. " Seth be careful some of this stuff is as old as Carlisle and myself combined ok" I say going back to look for the box. " found it!!" I cheer pushing the key into the lock and twisting it open. " oh love how I've missed you" I sigh in happiness as I reach in and take out my bow and arrow I grab some of the arrows at the bottom and shake my head in disbar noticing the set is in desperate need of a good scrub down. " Annie what's this!!" I hear Seth call from behind me and I turn around slowly to see him pointing at a old book sitting on a pedestal. My eyes widen as I relies what that book is exactly " It uh was a good friends of mine I think .." I clear my throat awkwardly walking over to Seth to see him looking at it in awe. " that's so cool" Seth says excitedly swing his hands up. I watch in slow motion as his hand tips the stand holding the book causing the it to tip over the edge and starts to fall. Seth reacts fast and catches the stand but not the book. I reach forward and catch it before it hits the ground.
" oh my god Annie I'm so sorry!!" Seth panics " it's alright no harm done nothing broken. " I smile at Seth trying to calm him down and assure him it's no big deal. " no its not ok that thing is what 700 years old!?" He yells out as I place the book back on its pedestal. " Hey!! Woah woah!! I'm not 700 years old I'm barley at 200. " I cross my arms over my chest and glare playfully at him. " oops sorry grandma" Seth snickers back to his playful mood. " oh your going to get it!!" I case him up the steps bow and arrow in tow.