21. Used

21. Used

The warmth of Sebastian's embrace didn't last though as the sound of a door hitting walls shot them apart.

Syra's heart nearly choked her with it's rapid beating as she stared at the closed door.

"Don't just sit there, Syra, get dressed!" Sebastian hissed, pushing clothes into her hands and forcing her into the adjacent bathroom.

Syra's lungs began to work again and she gulped in air as she hurriedly threw on yet another dress, this one in the white, night gown variety.

God, what was it with Era? Didn't they have pants and shirts here for women?

Syra almost chuckled, but with the boom! of the next door crashing into the wall and Sebastian starting to talk, she snapped out of it and walked back into the bedroom, fixing her hair along the way.

"You!" a familiar voice barked with an ice cold tone. "Come with me."

Syra glanced up to see Roy again and Sebastian trying desperately to detour Roy from reaching her. Roy however pushed right passed Sebastian and marched up to Syra, seizing her wrists.

"Sebastian, you need to stop pining over the creature," Roy snarled, yanking Syra passed her lover. "Zelina has proven she's just a regular succubus, she can't feel..even if you have fücked."

Syra's heart clenched and she mouthed, 'I'm sorry' over her shoulder to Sebastian. He gave her a weak smile while Roy tugged her away.

As she was yanked out of the flat and down a hallway, opposite the throne room's, she finally spoke up.

"Where the hell are you taking me?"

"Shut up, whöre," Roy sneered and walked even faster, ready to dump her off as fast as he could.

Syra winced at his use of term at being seen as something so lowly and human. The bastard of an angel knew she wasn't a human and he knew she slept around to survive -- or used to. It seemed Sebastian more than took care of her need to feed.

Syra felt her core become heated with liquid fire and she wished more than anything she could head back to Sebastian and 'feed' again.

But Roy had other ideas as he came to a sudden stop, stepping out of the way as Syra tripped forward.

They stood in front of an elegantly decorated door that was covered in patterns of swirls and what looked to be ancient language -- probably the angels.

Roy opened the door, shoved her into what was an extremely dark room with minimal candles lit and he bowed to a presence in the room then left, leaving Syra alone with Dante only knew what.

No one and nothing spoke, but the shift of something moving against fabric and the soft pops of a wooden bed frame echoed into the dark room.

Certainly something was in here, but what?

Syra's heart rate elevated but it slowly calmed as she thought of the only things that frightened her truly: love and Dante himself.

And possibly death, too.

Syra shuddered and shoved her fears out of her mind as the slight 'shick' of bare feet hitting wood floors captured Syra's attention.

Her eyes struggled to see in the dim lighting of the room and her ears strained to pin-point exactly where the sound was coming from, but she didn't know who it was until they spoke, from behind her, directly in her ear.

"You've made me realize I like women," she purred.

Lily, Zelina's assistant.

"Did Zelina put you up to this?" Syra asked, her voice barely containing her irritation.