Chapter 8 - Forbidden

Chapter 8

"Great God!" I flinched when someone talked beside me. "You're really gorgeous!" she realized that I almost had a heart attack by her approach, well, if in any case a vampire could get one. "Sorry,"

"It's okay," I told her. I was staring at a blonde girl with shoulder-length hair. I was a bit taller than her even though she was wearing heels. She was wearing a blue-fitted blouse with frills on the neck and a white skirt. "May I ask, have you seen me before? And why is everybody staring at me?"

"Because you're new, silly!" she exclaimed. "And your picture is on the front page of the school's newspaper,"

"Picture?" I asked her. "Where did they get that?"

"I think your father gave it to our school," well, that explained it. Carlisle and Emmett went back to my house which was currently under investigation. They grabbed my clothes, my pictures and other things. "You were orphaned by Dr. Carlisle, right? So, that makes him your father?"

"I guess so..." It's a good thing that she didn't ask what happened to my family. I was in no state to talk about that. "My name's Brynn, by the way,"

"I know," she said. "I'm Hannah,"

"Nice to meet you,"

We started to walk and I didn't really know where we were going, I just followed Hannah. At the corner of my eye, I saw a crowd of people cornering someone. "The other transfer student is here too, huh?" she said and I could hear her squeaking. Other transfer student? It only meant that it was...

"Brynn!" Seth emerged from the crowd then looked at me. Well, look who's a little popular. "I was looking for you everywhere!" Hannah beside me seemed to blush. Someone got a crush on my soulmate. The other students stared at us, maybe they were shocked that we knew each other. I got a few glares from some girls, and it was irritating. "Don't mind them," Seth noticed it too, huh?

"Right," I said sarcastically. First day of school and I already made a few enemies in less than ten minutes. I tried not to glare at them, I was afraid that I might kill someone. I was afraid that I might burst someone into flames. "I'll try not to mind," I avoided eye contact from the girls. "This is Hannah by the way," I pointed at Hannah, "and Hannah, this is Seth,"

"Nice to meet you," Hannah blurted instantly.

"Nice to meet you too," Seth said, confused. I mouthed silently to him, 'She has a crush on you' then he chuckled. "Hey Hannah," he said. "Do you mind if I take my girlfriend from you?" he crossed the line when he spoke those words, now, they were glaring at me even harder. Hannah was loss for words. She just nodded and Seth immediately grabbed my hand and pulled me together with him. The glares were following me even though I was being pulled away. And why did he blurt out that I was his girlfriend? He didn't even court me. Being his soulmate and his girlfriend were two different matters. "Let's go to our first class," he said. After that, the bell rang. I could see that the students were running to go to their first period classes.

"How'd you know that I'm your classmate?" I asked him. I tried to sound angry because I gained a few enemies because of him, but I failed, unfortunately.

"We have the same schedule," he said with a big smile on his face. "You can't get rid of me that easily even if you want to," he then pulled me again, "Biology class, room 413," we stopped in front of a room. "Here it is," he opened the door and we went inside it. I pulled my hand away just in case there were girls from earlier who were in my first period class. I guessed the students were already inside the room, as well as the teacher who was standing in front of the class. Seth gave the teacher our schedule and nodded.

"Miss Cullen," so Carlisle already changed my name to Cullen? It's fine with me, I guessed. "Take your seat next to Mr. Blake," he pointed at the front row with a blonde guy seating beside an empty seat. "As for you Mr. Clearwater, you may take your seat next to Miss Pena," he then pointed at the back of the room with a vacant seat beside a brunette. Seth frowned and I knew why. "Please go to your places. As for the two new students, I'm Mr. Hedge."

Before we went to our destined chairs, I whispered something to Seth. "I'm not your girlfriend, I'm just your soulmate," he looked at me, confused. I went to my seat next to the blonde guy. Seth went to the back and the class started.

"Hello," the blonde guy beside me said, "I'm Jim,"

"Nice to meet you," I gave him a smile. "I'm Brynn,"

"Is he your boyfriend?" he turned around and nodded at Seth who was pretty much glaring at my seatmate.

"No," he's my soulmate, I wanted to say that but I thought he would just find it weird. "He's a really, really, good friend of mine,"

"Oh, I see," Jim's handsome face lit up with no apparent reason. "Wanna hang out some time?"

"I'll try," I gave him a smile again then listened to the lecture of the teacher.

I heard someone whisper about me, and it was clear that it's not that good. "That girl, I'm gonna kill her!" she said to her seatmate. "She's with the new student, and she's flirting with Jim too!" I blocked the rest of their conversation. Who knew what foul words I was going to hear if I eavesdropped?

The class was finally over. Jim stood up, "See you later, Brynn," I gave him a nod with a matched smile. I then stood up and saw Seth walking towards me.

"What was that?" he asked.

"What was what...?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That!" he said with his fancy gestures. "That guy likes you!"

"Yeah," I told him. "And so many girls like you too!" Seth didn't reply. I realized what made him stop talking. Someone was standing there, looking suspicious. I could see that he felt it too.

Someone was watching us.