Chapter 18 - Forbidden

Chapter 18

I did not meet the end of the cliff. I was barely halfway when someone tugged my arm and jumped two steps on the rocks to get me back to the top. She landed me on the ground safely whilst she stood there to face me. "I suggest for you not to do that,"

"What are you still doing here?" I asked her, quite confused of what I was seeing. "Where's Alec?"

"I think he went back to the castle," she shrugged. "I doubt it that he's looking for me,"

"Seth," I explained. "He does—"

"I know what happened," she cut me off.

"Oh," I realized her ability again. "Right,"

"Do you want me to just go inside his mind and make him see the truth?" she narrowed her eyes at me.

"No!" I protested. "I don't want to seem like a traitor to him!"

"You said so," she shrugged. "Nomads are going to look for me now because of you. I might need to go back to the castle for protection,"

"Can't you just kill them?"

"I have limits too," she told me. "And don't ask what my limit is. You're not someone close to me for me to tell you," and with that, she started walking away.

"Wait!" I called and she stopped on her tracks. "Why did you save me?"

"I don't want Alec to hate me much more if the news got to him that you're dead," she explained. Maybe she already had feelings for Alec right from the very start. "And furthermore, he might believe that I killed you. You should turn into a full vampire, in that way, you wouldn't get killed so easily and jumping off of a cliff wouldn't that be much of a problem,"

I didn't know why I got this feeling that there was going to be a problem with me, or my half-human body.

"I don't want to drink blood," I whispered. "I don't want to be a monster,"

"The Cullens drink blood and they aren't a monster, right?" she pointed out and I nodded. "Take my advice and do that. Get your werewolf back and live both of your lives as an immortal couple. And take my advice sooner,"

"You aren't as bad as I thought you would be," I blurted out.

"Trust me," she said. "You don't have any idea of who I am," and she sped off to the woods in a blink of an eye.

***

I didn't realize that I already slept in here when I woke up and figured out that it was already noon. I guessed I spent a good fourteen hours sleeping here judging from the way the sun shone. I stood up and went back to my house with my conversation with Blyte Evergreen in mind.

If it was possible, I just walked. I was tired. I didn't know why I wasn't able to use my vampire speed.

And that was when a sudden thought then came into my mind.

Was this the problem Blyte was talking about?

But how did she know?

I didn't know what was happening to me. I didn't have any idea of what was happening to me. Was I turning into full human again? But why would I be tired?

Was I dying?

No, I couldn't be.

I needed to set aside that thought.

But how could I?

As I arrived inside the house, everyone gathered around me. "Where have you been?!" that was the voice of the person that I least expected to find here. I looked at the blurry vision of Seth in front of me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

He didn't answer my question. Instead, he just yelled at me. "Alice told me that you were going to jump off of a cliff and it was too late for us!"

"Are you okay, Brynn?" Carlisle asked.

"I'm fine," I shrugged and started walking to my room. "And Blyte saved me,"

"Blyte Evergreen?" Alice repeated. "The vision ended with you jumping off of the cliff, Brynn. Why did you do that? I don't know why I can see you in my vision now because I couldn't before. And this time, it was Blyte that I had not seen,"

"It was nothing," I shrugged once again. "Adrenaline rush?"

I then looked at the blurry vision of Edward and saw him frowning at me. He could read minds, of course he knew what was going on inside my head now.

"Was it because of me?" Seth whispered.

I didn't realize that Jacob was also there standing beside Renesmee. I looked at Seth again, "It wasn't,"

"It was," Edward butted in.

I glared at Edward, but backed off when I realized that I could set him on fire...or not. With my weakened powers, I wouldn't be able to do that anymore.

"Look," Seth looked surprised. "I'm sorry. Edward explained to me everything. I shouldn't have been an ass and I shou—"

"It's fine, Seth," I smiled at him. "I just want to rest,"

"Bu—"

"It's fine," I cut him off but Edwards decided to butt in once again.

"It's not fine," he stated. "She's dying."

The Shadow Rocker

The next chapter will be the last chapter and the next one after that is the Epilogue. I hate to see this story go but I need to! After all, Alec's story is already posted! If you're reading this, I would really like to thank you for supporting this story until the very end! I love my readers so much and they inspire me to improve my writing skills!