Chapter 2 - Forbidden

Chapter 2

I heard him mutter the words clearly. I wanted to boldly ask myself, what was imprint according to the dictionary? I was not exactly sure if I ever heard that unsettling word somewhere, but deep inside me, that word seemed vital and powerful. According to the hovering voice of the boy earlier, I was a vampire. But according to the fictitious books that I'd read, a person who was bitten by a vampire should have some sort of throbbing turning of the venom inside the body and only one word could describe how your body would feel, It felt like burning.

A sudden realization came over me, the paleness of my skin. I was pretty sure that I hadn't use any whitening products networks' advertised on the television. But why did my tanned skin turn this pale? I ran my fingers through my hair until the very end when I saw some of my hair strands that was stuck inbetween my fingers, golden brown. I tried to find a mirror but I thought boy rooms didn't usually have mirrors. An alarming thought came over me, I needed to reflect myself but how could I go outside when an unknown man suddenly wanted to kill me? I knew I had no choice. If that man wanted to end my life maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't struggle. Maybe this was what the heavens' want, right?

I took a deep breath and suddenly opened the door. I got their attention. The paranoid boy from earlier and a man on a wheelchair. Wait? He didn't look bad at all. I was fantasizing of how this man who wanted to kill me should look like, and I would assure you, the images in my head looked bad. He had long black hair that somehow seemed like a wig. He wore a hat or a cowboy hat of some sort? But something was genuinely bugging me, why was he wearing a hat when we were living in a frosty city called 'Forks'? More importantly, why was he wearing it inside his home?

"I need a mirror," I told them. Being shy wouldn't actually help me in my situation. Sometimes being confident could ease your mind and could help you think a little. "Please?" I just saw the boy pointed at a room and I immediately took a run for it. I opened the door and instantly closed it.It was a bathroom. I aimed for the mirror and stared widely at my reflection.

One look and you would guess that what the boy said was true. I was a vampire. I somehow looked like one. Every features of my body changed and somewhat, gone. My hazelnut eyes, it seemed hollow. It was not bloody red, rather light? I somehow looked blind but I instantly knew what color my eyes were, burgundy red. My eyes looked red once you stare at it but it changed color, it changed to my original eye color, hazelnut. Do I looked like a monster? Maybe.

My beige locks. My long beige wavy hair. I looked like I got some highlights from a five-star salon. Golden Brown strands were falling down my hair. Just like my eyes having two different colors, so was my hair. Looking at my reflection in the mirror was making me confused. I looked beautiful. A beautiful monster. was that something to be happy about? Having this kissable bloody-colored lips, perfectly shaped nose, seductive eyes and amazing hair color, would it make me happy? Especially when I was a monster? I guessed not. Not at all.

A sudden flashback clouded my mind, of how my parents got killed by a monster like me now. How vicious and terrifying could they be? The thoughts all jolted at me at a single time. What if I needed blood? I didn't want to kill people. Remembering of how I was once a fragile child made me stutter. I didn't want to crave for the blood of innocent people. I didn't want to. Maybe there was one thing I could do.

I stormed out of the room and stood in front of the wheel-chaired man who hovered earlier. I stood on the wooden floor, I meant, everything inside this house was made of wood excluding the furnitures, I meant. Not minding about the paranoid boy, I exclaimed something I knew I wouldn't easily regret, "I want you to kill me,"