Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What?" I asked, utterly confused over why she was so shocked. She froze for a moment, her eyes the only thing visible on her face from behind her hands. I saw Jessica looking over a little worriedly and I just stood there completely oblivious to what was going on. Scarlett then made a really annoying high pitched squeal as she started running over to Jessica. What?

I walked up behind Scarlett and watched as Jessica have me a confused expression. "Scarlett what the hell has gotten into you!" I asked eventually.

She pointed to Jessica, "It's... It's... I mean she..."

"She's what?" I asked? My heart beating fast as I worried about all of the possibilities of what this woman could be.

"She's...J... Jessie J!" She stammered, her voice barely a whisper as she struggled to talk through her awkward breathing. Wow. No way. Was this woman, who I happened to randomly bump into, really Jessie J? No. It couldn't be. What? I scrunched up my forehead as I took everything in and pieced it together.

Jessica rolled her eyes and tilt her head back slightly. "Are you really...?" I asked her. It's not like I didn't believe Scarlett, knowing how much of a fan she is, but I just wanted to hear it from Jessica herself.

She sighed, "Yes." Scarlett was still stood in front of her squealing as tears were forming in her eyes. Wow, that girl really was obsessed. "Now please can we get out of here before you're friend attracts more screaming girls?" Jessica asked. I nodded in agreement. There was humour in her voice but she sounded worried too. I'm not surprised, everyone needs their alone time. I started to head off to the exit but Jessica pulled me back. "Not that way, lets go out through the back. I have a car waiting."

With that we started heading to the back exit. Fancy. I literally had to drag Scarlett with me because her legs seemed to have gone like jelly. We followed Jessica until we got to the door of the back exit.

"Ok, there shouldn't be any Paps back here," She started, "But if there is and you see flashes and lights, go out the front way and we'll drive round and pick you up ok?"

"Ok" I nodded. Scarlett still in goldfish mode as Jessica lifted her hand up and pushed on Scarlett's chin to close her mouth. Jessica giggled slightly and cautiously opened the door.

"It's all clear Jessica, just be quick." A deep voice came just from the other side of the door. Jessica opened the door wider and I saw a large bald man standing by the door. Body guard? Probably.

"Thanks Mark, I have a couple of people with me, is that ok?" She asked him. He nodded and started to head towards the car. Jessica signalled for me and Scarlett to follow her out to the black car. Mark was stood holding the door open for us all to hurry in to. As we got in and the door was shut behind us, Jessica let out a sigh of relief.

Scarlett let out another squeal. "Melody, we are in a car with Jessie J!" She exclaimed, attempting to whisper but she could have spoken normally and it would have been quieter. I heard Jessica sigh again but chuckled to herself.

"Scarlett, shut up. You're actually embarrassing me. She's just another, normal person, just like you and I." I explained to Scarlett, as well as myself. I wasn't really sure how to act around her now that I knew that she wasn't just Jessica but she was Jessie J too. Take away the Jessie J and she was just Jessica. Just Jessica. She isn't Jessie J right now, so just act naturally.

"So where are we going?" I asked, hoping that that was the right question to ask.

"Well I don't know anymore. I didn't expect your friend to be so..." We both looked over to Scarlett as Jessica searched for the right word, "umm, excited to see me." She chuckled.