Chapter 3

“Thank you.” I said as I took the money from her.

“You’re welcome.” She replied, as she stood back up. This time it was my turn to mirror her actions. We were both stood, just inches away from each other. Her eyes were mesmerising, it was as if my eyes had locked onto them and someone had threw away the key. I didn’t realise at first but she was giving me really awkward looks and I felt bad for making her feel uncomfortable. Then something hit me.

I couldn’t make out what it was but she looked somewhat familiar. My eyes were now jumping from this gorgeous woman to the floor and now it was my turn to feel uncomfortable. I noticed that she had very short blonde hair. It was like a pixie crop. Something seemed very familiar, why couldn’t I put my finger on it?

As my eyes made one more jump from her to the floor, I watched as she raised her eyebrow a little, “What’s wrong?” She asked cautiously as she started playing with her incredibly long and painted nails.

I looked up suddenly, “Oh… Umm… It’s just. Well. Oh, nothing.” I stuttered, making a complete fool out of myself.

“No, go on.” She ordered. Man, she has such a sexy voice. No. Why am I saying this? I’ve only known the woman for two minutes. Come to think of it, I don’t even know her anyway. I don’t even know her name.

“Well it’s just… You look kind of, I don’t know…” I paused, “Familiar.”

I heard her chuckle slightly, “Do I?” She looked at me with a smile suggesting that maybe I should know her, but then again, I’m probably just getting paranoid about this.

“Yeah, it’s probably nothing.” I murmured looking away slightly.

“Hmm,” The woman paused, “So what’s your name?” She asked, bringing my attention back to her.

“Melody.” I replied, “Yours?”

“Uh,” She hesitated, “Jessica, my name’s Jessica.” Jessica. Where have I heard that name? Shit, this was really bugging me now. I was starting to form butterflies in my stomach too, where did they come from?

“So, Jessica, my name’s Jessica,” I mimicked as she laughed at my humour, “Are you enjoying the performance so far?”

“Yes, oh it’s amazing. I love live performances, especially musicals.” She held her hands by her heart as she said this. Wow, she was passionate.

“Yeah, the performers are so talented. I could never imagine myself being able to do that.” I said as I started to walk up to the refreshments bar. She smiled. “Oh, are you getting anything?” I asked her, awkwardly turning my head as I did so.

“Oh, yes, that’s where I was going.” Jessica laughed as she followed me over. I examined the drink menu.

“Could I just have two, blue raspberry slush puppies please?” I asked the barman before he walked away to get my order.

“So you’re here with a friend?” Asked Jessica, just after she had taken her order of Peppermint tea and a Coffee.  

“Ooh, check you with your Peppermint tea.” I teased, “And yes, I am. I’m here with my best friend Scarlet, we moved down here, to London, yesterday. I decided we needed a treat so I booked us tickets to come here. Scar loves live performances too. So I take it you’re with a friend as well?”

“Yeah, we just decided to treat ourselves to a musical really. We don’t get to do this sort of thing much.” She explained as the bar men came with our orders. We paid for our drinks, picked them up and started heading off, away from the bar. The voiceover spoke again, exclaiming that there were only 2 minutes left.

“Oh my, we’d better be getting back to our seats, where’s yours?” Jessica asked.

“Over there.” I pointed towards my row to the left.

“Oh, mine’s over there.” She said, pointing to the right. “Hey, do you wanna meet back up after the show? It would be nice to get to know you better.”

“Umm, sure, we’re not doing anything after.”

“Great.” She exclaimed, “So I’ll meet you…” She trailed off for a bit, looking round for a spot, “Around that corner?” She pointed over to an empty space. Random.

“Okay, sure, see you later.” I said as we headed off in our opposite directions. I looked back and noticed that Jessica was now surrounded by a group of girls who were all talking to her at once. She looked as though she was trying to get away from them, probably because the performance was about to start again, but she obviously knew them as she was smiling and laughing at what they were saying. She did seem like the sort of person who probably has lots of friends because she is so nice and approachable. I didn’t think much of it though and carried on back to my seat.

As I got back to my seat Scarlett was just staring away into space and was humming along to the music playing. I handed a slush puppy over to her as I sat back down into my seat, admiring the grand stage once again.

“Took your time.” She stated, half-jokingly.

“Yeah, I bumped into someone by accident and we started talking. She wants to meet us after the show, is that ok with you? I asked.

“Shouldn’t be talking to strangers,” she teased, “But ok, what’s her name?”

“Jessica.” Her eyes lit up as I said this and a smile spread across her face. “What?” I asked in complete confusion.

“Jessica.” She repeated. “I love that name.”  Before I could question any further the second half commenced and I forgot about what we were talking about and got lost into the musical once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The musical soon finished and, as soon as we had shed a few tears, laughed hysterically and given a massive round of applause to all of the performers, we stayed sat for a while as people started to make their way out so that it won’t be so busy and slow when we get out of our seats.

“Thank you so much for bringing me here,” Scarlett piped up, “It was amazing and I’ve never felt so inspired.”

“You’re welcome. I’m glad you enjoyed it, I knew you would.” By this time most people had left the seating area and the atmosphere had died down a bit so we decided to get up and meet Jessica.

“Where did she say to meet her?” Scarlett asked as we shuffled out of the row of seats.

“Oh, round near the refreshment bar, just follow me.” I ordered as we headed toward the meeting place. We had just reached the refreshments bar and headed for the corner in which Jessica had pointed to earlier. She popped her head round the corner, probably to see if we were coming and soon met our gaze; Jessica and I smiled as soon as we saw one another. Scarlett gasped.

Bold=A/N

I really dislike this chapter, it's so pathetic. xD I have no idea where I'm even going with this anymore... I didn't really plan this bit out. I haven't had any comments yet so please feel free to leave any comments you like; I want to know what you think and if it's even worth carrying on with this fanfic. xD Also, any suggestions on what could/should happen next would be appreciated. :P