The Break Up

Jacqui's POV

Omg, I can't wait to go see my babyyy. Man, I miss him so much. Okay so I'm just pulling around the corner, I park and look at my baby's house. I can't believe it's our 3 year anniversary. I smile and walk towards his house. I walk up the steps and grab the spare key from under the welcome mat. I unlock the door, walk in and yell.

Jacqui: BABYY!! I'M HERE!!

I don't hear Jahseh respond so I walk up to his room.

Jacqui: Hey Boo

I move his blonde little dreads and kiss the 17 on his forehead.

Jacqui: I missed you boo and AYEE it's our 3 year anniversary.

I smile and look at him, I wait for him to say a word but he doesn't say anything.

Jacqui: Awh my wittle baby boo poo, you okay?

Jahseh: Jacqui, we need to talk.

Oh no this doesn't sound too good.

Jacqui: Yes boo?

Jahseh: I've been thinking about this for a while now, I'm genuinely sorry that I'm doing this on our 3 year anniversary, but I think we need to take a break.

The pain inside me after he says that is terrible. I can't believe what I was hearing. I'm lost already. I'm stuck. I don't know what to say. Did I hear him correctly?

Jacqui: What?

My voice struggles and shakes while I talk now.

Jahseh: Jacqui I said we're done.

I feel the waterworks coming. I feel it. But I love you Jah, I'm... I... I'm too hurt to think straight.

Jacqui: It's just that easy? We're done like that?

Jahseh: No, Jacqui. I've been thinking about this for a while now and this was so hard to do. I just.. we. Umm, it's just me being on tour gives me the urge to do stuff with other girls.

Jacqui : You cheated on me 3 times but I still wanted you. I still kept you. I forgave you.

I say every single word in pain. I'm fighting the tears from rolling down my cheek.

Jahseh: I'm sorry, but I know it hurt you mentally and physically. So I just want you to be happy now, care free. You won't have to worry about what I'm doing 24/7 when I'm gone. You can be happy and relaxed now.

I'm lost. I don't know what to say or do.

Jacqui: Enjoy your tour *fakes a smile* these 3 years I spent with you... really saved my life. Thank you Jahseh.

I get off his bed, turn around, and look at his beautiful face one more time. I run down the stairs and out the door. I grab my keys, unlock my car door, and then I get in the car. I'm in pain. There's a hole in me. I'm lost. No, that's not it, I'm numb.