New beginnings

The Crescent 🌙 Pack anxiously awaited news.
It had been hours and some were getting antsy.

"I'm sorry," he nodded walking slowly away.

"What! No, there has to be something you can do."

"She said it would work!"

Mumbling and getting angry the crowd was even more restless.

"Enough!" Link yelled. "This is not how the Crescent 🌙 Pack acts."

An eerie silence hung in the air as the pack members hung their heads in shame.

"I'm sorry the situation did not turn out like we all wanted, no needed. We  will stand by our Luna and show our undevoted  loyalty."

I watched from the shadows as the crowd grew agitated then agreed with Link. I wouldn't have gotten through this without him. His devotion to the pack and me has kept me strong and focused.

I never would have thought anything like this was possible when I bought that house by the mountains. Meeting Gerome was by far the best thing that happened to me.

I have been thinking about him a lot lately. I miss him terribly. His gorgeous smile and snarky remarks. Frowning I traced the mark Gerome gave me right before my uncle took me away from him.

Pushing off the wall, I walked into the room and chaos erupted. 

"Quite!" I commanded. "I know I have disappointed everyone but I promise I won't let you down again."

"You sound like someone died or we suffered great hardships," Laughed that warm, sexy voice I love. An arm snaked it's way around my ever growing waist. He leaned in and kissed me.

"What loosing against the Frost Pack is unforgivable. We had by far the best chili in the whole cook off. The judges discriminated against us," I pouted.

"Of course they did. No one cooks better than my Nila. Sorry the meetings ran longer than expected but we accomplished a lot."

"Sucking up won't make me feel better. The pack was counting on this win," I pushed him an arms link away.

"Sweetie, it's just a friendly competition between neighboring packs. It's not a big deal," he tried pulling me back toward him.

"Not a big deal! Gerome, all I get to do is cook. I'm to enormous to help the other women with the pack duties, I'm to tired to stay up and help you with alpha stuff so all I do is cook. If I'm not even a good cook how am I suppose to be a role model not only to the pack but to our children?" I started crying.

He wiped the tears away, "sweetie, you are a tremendous help to everyone here. The pups love your stories and craft time and the medics have been able to copy that recipe for the antidote thanks to you."

"I know but I still feel useless," I sniffled.

"Don't say that, your am excellent Luna. Everyone has taken to you tremendously,"my wonderful mate said tried cheering me up.

The crowd had broken up to smaller groups, talking and enjoying the cookout. After all we had pots and pots of chili to eat. Gerome led me to a chair and made me sit. He pulled up a chair in front of me and placed my feet in his lap.

"Swollen today huh. You should take more breaks throughout the day," he rubbed my tired, swollen feet.

"All I do is sit, eat and go to bathroom," I pouted.

He placed his hand on my stomach, "No that's not all. Your taking care of our pup."

Love flooded my heart. "You know just what to say," I started tearing up. Kneeling he wiped the tears away, "Don't ever think your presence means nothing to this pack. Just you being here brings calmness and makes this pack whole. Being Luna doesn't mean you have to do anything, it means your here for the pack. To give advice, offer friendship, and lend support to your mate."