The truth

Stumbling inside you trip over a box near the door that you have yet to unpack. "Turn on a light will you! I can't see in the dark," I yelled picking myself up off the floor.

Laughter rang through the room, "I forgot how weak and defenseless humans were."

"I am not weak! You are the one that morphed your way into my house. Now you can tell me what the hell you are then you can leave," getting braver I stood tall and looked the man in the eyes. Never braking eye contact I walked closer.

"Now I see the family resemblance. Your attitude is just like your mother and your stubbornness and defiance resembles your father," the rude, and naked man spat out.

Reaching for a blanket from the sofa I threw it at the bold man, "Cover up. I do not want to see your nakedness."

"YOU are giving me orders!" The man snarled taking a step closer, "I will never bow down to a human. I will certainly never take orders from a hunter." The look of disgust and anger was etched in my memory.

"Cover yourself like you were told," a very sexy, intimidating voice echoed off the walls from just outside the front door. "Beta or no if you ever talk to your Luna that way again I will torture you until you beg for death then I will let you heal and start over."

"Luna! No way. No hunter will ever be my Luna. I refuse to obey her." Before I could blink or even ask what a Luna was the voice raced inside and had the man by the throat, up against the wall. Feet dangling a few feet off the floor, gasping for air.

"Obviously you think I was joking. Mark my words, no one and I mean NO ONE will disrespect me or my mate! Regardless of how long we have known each other. Being my second in command you can guess what comes next." The tall, handsome newcomer nodded to some one outside and they rushed in. "Link, your now Beta. Oversee the imprisonment of our traitor. Keep him chained and sedated until I arrive."

Link just nodded, turned and left the room. Still a little shocked and disoriented I didn't realize we were alone until he was right in front of me, looking at me with a smile.

"What's your name?" He quietly asked.

Snapping out of it I shot back, "This is MY house! I will ask the questions." He actually laughed, "Spunky and a little spitfire. I like it."

Getting angry I poked his chest, "Who are you people and what exactly just happened."

"My name is Gerome, Alpha to the Crescent 🌙Pack. We reside in the mountains behind your home."

I am so confused. Alpha, pack. What's going on?

"I see your parents never brought their work home with them," was his only statement at my blank and confused look. "That's a good thing. I wouldn't want any harm to come to you because of their mistakes."

"My parents are dead and you need to leave." Smiling at me he stood still just starring. His smile was even sexy. Dang it no! Snap out of it Nila. These men or animals or whatever they are forced themselves into your house. No time to let your mind wander to how handsome  he is. "NOW!" I yelled, shocking myself and him.

Dropping his smile he advanced making me take a step backwards. "Don't think because you are my mate I will tolerate disrespect. I am alpha and you will obey me."

Those  words again, alpha - mate. Having enough I pushed my hands against his chest shoving him backwards. "Well Mr. Alpha, mate or not, whatever that is anyway, and whatever you people are can leave my house and lands before I call the sheriff. I do not know you, nor do I want to know you so leave now."

"Oh my little spitfire, you have no idea who your dealing with," that smile was back and once again I was trapped between the wall and him. "You will definitely get to know me and my pack. As Luna you have responsibilities and the sooner you learn them the sooner we can enjoy our life together."