What Family

Plotting my uncles death was the only thing that kept me from breaking down. I can't believe my parents were hunters. Wait, I can't believe there are werewolves and my parents searched for them and killed them. My mother made some ultimate weapon that tortured and killed.

What kind of business did my family run? HOA has been in our family for generations. That means all my moms family knew about all this and has never told me. My grandparents, uncles, aunts and probably all my cousins.

Not to mention the 'family' that is always around. Now I know why. They are all KILLERS!

I hate all of them. WHY would they choose to hunt people and kill them. That's murder. I can't believe I'm related to these killers.

I guess all those karate and self defense classes will come in handy now.

The truck was slowing, I need to make my move soon. Not paying attention to exactly were we drove to was my downfall but it didn't matter, I will find my way back no matter how long it took.

Uncle parked behind a house. I noticed other vehicles here too. They must have been here for a while because the place had the 'family' feel to it. To show loyalty and obedience I followed uncle inside agreeing with whatever he said. I needed to see how many were here and what the situation was.

Finding the house empty I inwardly rejoiced, I didn't want to have to hurt anyone else. "Here, sit and I will be back in a minute."

Uncle disappeared through a door to down the hall. Immediately I jumped up searching for weapons or anything to help me escape. Finding nothing useful I would have to rely on my instincts and quickness.

I heard uncle closing a door so I rushed to the kitchen pretend to look for food. "Hungry huh. Dinner should be back soon. The rest of the family will be a back any minute."

"Rest? Who all came with you! WHY are all of you here? I moved away for a reason." I questioned.

"Just ten of us came and I knew you would find trouble. Especially here, in the heart of the Crescent 🌙 Pack. Now I'm glad we came."

"So am I. I finally know what kind of family I have. Who you all are."

I reached for  the knife I slipped under my shirt into the waistband of my jeans.
"WHO we are? What does that mean?" Uncle asked moving closer.

Now or never. Pulling the knife out I threw it with precision  just like mom taught me. "Killers!"

Uncle was stunned, he looked down at the knife sticking out of his chest. "Traitor." Was his reply as he pulled the knife out then  dropped it in the floor. Blood dripping from his would and his hand he advanced toward me. Trapped between the counter and my furious uncle I had no where to run.

Kicking my foot out to connect with his left knee then thrusting with my left hand he collapsed.  Not wasting time I ran around his yelling body looking for a a weapon. It was either him or me and  I certainly was not going to live my life looking over my shoulder, waiting for him to find me.

Locating his gun he carelessly placed on the kitchen table I picked it up and pointed it at his head. Still sprawled on the floor, one hand on his bleeding wound the other holding his broken leg he laughed. "We both know you won't pull that trigger. Your not a killer, your to full of compassion and kindness."

"True, but when you hurt innocent people, that makes me angry. When I get angry I loose some of that compassion." I moved closer aiming at his other leg now.

"Just like your mother. She always was more clear headed under pressure. Always in control, everything planned out."

"I'm nothing like my parents. All of you are sick individuals killing people like their nothing."

"People! They are not people, their animals. Animals that kill humans. Killed your grandparents for crying out loud. They are the monsters not us."

"That's your version, no one else seems to agree with you."

He made an attempt to sit up. "Move again and I will shoot," I warned.

Laughing again he grabbed a chair to help himself sit up.  "I warned you." I shrugged, pulling the trigger, shooting uncle in the thigh.

"What the hell! You actually shot me!" He tried reaching for me. "I wouldn't if I were you." I warned again.

"You little .." he started before I interrupted him.   "Watch what you say next. I'm not in a forgiving mood."

"How dare you threaten me! I have kept you alive all these years. You owe me," he screamed while still trying to get up.

"I owe you nothing," his hand snaked out toward my foot but I was quicker.

"Awwww..." he gripped his bleeding wrist to his stomach with the other hand.

"Another movement and it won't be a limb," I snickered, watching him turn white while the floor puddled with his blood.

"What has gotten into you! It was that filthy mutt wasn't it!" he took a few deep breaths, "Letting him mark you, like you willll ... be anything otherrrr .... than a plaything for that.. thattt .. that... monssstrr. They kill annndd feast on ou.. ou.. ourrr pain an andd heartttache," uncle was slowly loosing his ability to speak clearly.

I crouched in front of him, "That monster told me the truth unlike my 'family' and also risked his life to protect me whereas you were ready to kill me. I think I prefer my mate over you," I smiled sweetly.

"Your just a whore like your mother," he spit out along with some blood.

"Don't talk about my mother you filthy killer!" I was so angry I unconsciously grabbed the knife I remembered seeing on the table and plunged it into his stomach.

Realizing what I just did scared me. Not because I gutted my uncle but the action of grabbing the knife and using it without really thinking about it. That's one lesson my dad tried to pound into my brain. When in a difficult situation you don't have to think, actions will keep you alive. Instinct and intuition are your most valued assets.

I don't want to have that happen again.
I don't want to be a killer like them.
I don't want to be anything like my 'family'.

I want to be my own person.
I want to love whoever I choose.
I want to be free from these killers.
I want to find Gerome and learn how to be his mate and Luna.

Sorry uncle but I think I'm cutting these Family Ties.

That shot was heard a mile away, by very sensitive ears followed by a loud and sorrowful howl.