Chapter 6- RIP Kitchen Boy

Before I could get a good look at our attacker, we were already being ushered away. Booger Boy was no help at all, limping around while complaining about his bleeding leg.

"Do you still have your dagger?" Mother whispered. I nodded quickly, before pulling out the weapon from under my petticoats. Before you say anything about being unladylike, Mother insisted that I carried a knife around at all times from the day I turned 15. Why? For self defence in situations like this, of course! (It also served a good use in scaring away any unwanted suitors). In fact, Mother was so paranoid that she made me take several martial art classes as well as training sessions.

"Yes." I replied, clutching it tightly.

"Ok, good. You might need it." She said grimly. We ran down the hallway into a....dead end?

"Uhhhh, we're trapped." Greyson observed. Oh gee, glad you noticed. I could've never had figured that out myself.

"No, we're not." Mother looked around frantically before pushing on a brick. The whole wall swung open, revealing a entrance as we ran in. The wall shut behind us with a thud.

I leant against the wall with short-lived relief. Soon, a scraping noise and loud voices were heard from the other side.

"Surely they didn't disappear from into the air! They have to be here somewhere." A familiar grainy voice said. Daniel Hartman....

"Sir, are you suggesting that they sunk into this solid brick wall?" Another voice said, letting out a short bark of laughter.

"Of course not! Such a ridiculous stunt would be impossible. Guess we'll-" Daniel's voice was cut off with a pained groan.

"Your Majesty, the offenders have been shot." The voice of Senior Officer Rick Falcone yelled. A guard who was with us open the wall carefully and I gazed upon the dead bodies of Daniel Hartman and his partner in crime. Their corpses were not human, but rather two black wolves. Mother staggered out, her face pale with fear.

"Is everybody safe?" She stuttered.

"Your Majesty, there are reports of 2 injuries and the death of the kitchen boy. Everyone else is safe." Rick said. Greyson drew in a sharp breath, I gave him a weird look.

"What? Choking on your own snot?" I retorted. Instead of a arrogant comeback, tears welled in Booger Boy's eyes.

"T-the kitchen boy was my brother." He whispered. I felt my face pale in shock. Alright, I despised Greyson but I probably went too far with that insult. But hey, I can have a very cutting tongue at times.

"Oh my gosh, Greyson. I'm so-" I began.

"Save it." Booger Boy said, giving me a cold glare as he walked off.

I did.

********************************************************

"Brothers. It is with great regret that our righteous leader Daniel has passed away as well as our second-in-command John Luchesse." A shadow in the gloom growled.

"REVENGE!" Howled many other voices.

"No, we must wait a bit further.....and stage a truly dangerous revenge attack..."

Author's note: Hello loyal readers/fans/followers/voters! I am sincerely sorry for not updating......:( However I will try to make it up to you guys buy writing frantically over the next few days! (Thank god for the school holidays!) Don't forget to vote, comment or follow! (Or do none of them....But your support will be greatly appreciated!)

Ciao!

KawaiiQueen8888 <333