Blondie Lockes:Chapter 1

No Reservations

Some stories are too short. Others, too long. I want my story to be just right! That's just my destiny. Like my mom Goldilocks, I'm searching for perfection. I'm a journalist, my MirrorCast 'Just Right' is the most popular show not just in school, but the entire village of Book End, and to top it off, I'm a Royal.

It doesn't matter if everyone says, "Goldilocks isn't a princess." The truth is my family rules an ancient spellbinding kingdom. Alright, maybe not ancient, but the furniture is wicked old. And maybe it's more of a town than a kingdom, but that's not the point! The point is nobody believes I'm fairytale royalty! Not even my best friends forever after, Apple White and Briar Beauty. Nothing about my story needs to change; I just want to tell my whole story—before and after I visit the Three Bears. It's only just right! The fact is I'm a Royal! Trust me, I know how getting the facts wrong can ruin someone's chapter.

Like this one time, before I declared my destiny...

We were at school a week early for Orientation. This year was special for us. It was our Legacy Day, where we pledge to become the next generation of the most famous fairytales ever after! You would be just right in thinking it's kind of important. So imagine my surprise when I overheard Headmaster Grimm telling Baba Yaga, "Well I am worried about Legacy Day!"

Baba Yaga is the oldest legend at Ever After High, not to mention the most powerful sorceress in hexistance, "Milton, hocus focus! Think about the students."

"I'm thinking about one specific student," Headmaster Grimm gulped, "What if we have to cancel Legacy Day?"

Cancel Legacy Day?... What a bombspell! Perfect for my MirrorCast! When I saw Briar getting out of her stretch carriage, I just had to tell her! If someone was trying to ruin Legacy Day, there would be no Legacy Day dance... and Briar's been planning that since kingdergarden! Just like I thought, Briar's eyes grew wide as Poppa Bear's porridge bowl. We thought of everyone who would want to ruin the Legacy Day dance. Then Briar suggested Cerise Hood, "She's always sneaking around like she's hiding a secret," and it was like three light bulbs went off at once.

"Secret?" If there's anyone who knows a secret about Cerise, it would be her roommate, Cedar Wood, "That's just right! I'll hext you later!"