What is a happy ending? *Part 14*

Trying to do more chapters but school has me so freakin busy like wtf.

Kenzie POV

After leaving Johnny's house, I walked down to the beach and sat on the rocks and watched the sunset, I always seem to feel safe on this beach, its like time just stopped and i can do whatever i want. Lauren heads down with me when i leave her house.

Lauren: Hey Kenz, are you okay?

Kenzie: Honestly, yeah, i think.

Lauren: Lets talk.

Kenzie: You know what's crazy, its crazy that the truth hurts more than the lie, the truth is, he was never ready to put me first when i really needed him.

Lauren: I understand, but how do you feel, i know you like him.

Kenzie: I did, i do, i always get butterflies in my stomach whenever i'm around him, but this time, i got this awful feeling in my stomach, its when your heart is broken... and it's like the butterflies just died.

Lauren: You will get your happy ending, i know it.

Kenzie: Maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe it's just you on your own picking up the pieces and starting over. Freeing yourself to experience something better in the future. And maybe, just maybe, it's just you moving on. 

Lauren: I'm glad you think like that. What about Johnny?

Kenzie: He has hurt me so much, but i just keeping loving him. Its tearing me apart and i  still keeping loving him. 

Lauren: My god Kenz, i know you love him, but he is killing you. 

Kenzie: I know, it's like my love just turned to poison.

Lauren: I will be with you forever, we are best friends, you fight, i fight, you hurt, i hurt, you cry, i cry.

K&L: You jump off a bridge, i get in a paddleboat to save your stupid ass. *laugh*

Kenzie: I love you Laur.

Lauren: You're the best Kenz, Hey there's a concert tonight, do you wanna go, i'm headed with Annie and Ruby.

Kenzie: Anything to distract me.

Lauren: We'll meet you at  your house at 6, the concerts starts at 9.

Kenzie: Okay.

*Lauren gets up to leave*

Lauren: You coming?

Kenzie: In a bit, i'm just burying myself in my thoughts.

Lauren: Okay *leaves*

(10 mins later)

*Kenzie's house, looking through social media*

*Johnny Calls*

*Phone call*

Johnny: Hey

Kenzie: Why did you call Johnny?

Johnny: I'm so sorr...

Kenzie: Don't Johnny, i have heard it all, i don't need your apology.

Johnny: I never meant to hurt you.

Kenzie: Maybe you didn't mean to, but you did.

Johnny: Can we still be friends?

Kenzie: Johnny, if i could show you how awful you made me feel sometimes, you would never be able to look me in the eye again. That should answer your question.