Partnered Up

(AH High School AU)
3rd Person P.O.V.
We're going to follow the lives’ of a few high schoolers, and see where they end up, and how it all happened. Michael Jones, popular football player and openly gay. He doesn't deal with bullshit. He gets pissed off easily, and will get violent. Gavin Free, stereotypical nerd/geek and hangs around with people in a similar category to his. He was adopted from England when he was seven. Only his parents and his friends Ray, Ryan, Jack and Geoff know he's gay. Also he has a crush on Mr. Michael Jones.

(Gavin's P.O.V.)
God, I hate calculus. When am I EVER gonna use this? I don't want to be a bloody engineer!

"Alright class, the test is next Monday. It counts for twenty-five percent of your grade this quarter." A chorus of various groans is heard throughout the room. I take a quick glance at the clock, five minutes to go. Everyone else packs up, so I follow suit. I look over at Ray, whose playing with the duct-tape rose on the tip of his pen. Ray is kind of obsessed with the red flower. As soon as the bell rings, everyone jumps up and scurries through the hall. I head up stairs and towards room two twenty, Biology. I like this class mainly because a bunch if my friends are in this period and the guy I like is. Yeah, I said guy. I'm gay, so what? Anyway, only a few people know because I'm worried I'd get bullied, and draw attention to myself. I inch through the sea of tables and sit at one next to Ryan. 

"Hey Gav, you ready?" Ryan asks, excitedly. I'm obviously confused, so he continues. 

"We're getting a project and we get assigned partners. Based on how the other classes were paired up, you have more than an eighty percent chance of being paired with, you know who." He jerks his head towards Michael, who's actually watching me. 

"Afternoon class. As you've probably already heard, you all are being assigned a project about the interaction between the different organ systems and why it's important they occur. I will be assigning you partners momentarily." He grabs a sheet and begins reciting names. 

"Lindsay and Miles, Kerry and Kdin, Ryan and Ray (who high-five), Burnie and Gus, Barbra and Jack, and lastly, Michael and Gavin." I feel my face get warm at the thought of him. 

"Okay, everyone get with your partner and discuss how you're going to show them working together. I suggest a model, but do as you wish. Chop, chop!" The room is filled with the screeching of table legs, and excited chatter. I walk over to Michael, and awkwardly sit down. God, I could get lost in his eyes, and don't even get me started on his freckles.

"Hello? Earth to Gavin!" Michael waves his hand in front of my face. 

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking about...what we should do for our project." Nice save, idiot. He ponders the thought, then looks me right in the eyes,

"Look, I'm not just a dumb jock. I get straight 'A's, just like you do. I don't want that to get messed up, so we will do this, and do it well. We will get this done together. I'm not dumping all the work on you, and you're not going to dump it all on me. Deal?" He holds out his hand and I gladly shake it. Wow, he has a firm grip. With that, we begin planning out our model. After about ten minutes of silence between us, Michael pipes up,

"Uh, Gav do you wanna come to my house today and tomorrow to work on this?" It was taking all my self control not to jump up and shout, so I calmly reply with,

"Uh, yeah that'd be great." The bell rings, and everyone leaves. I head to my locker and grab my lunch. 

"Hey Gav, how was working with 'Micool'?" Ray says, as I close my locker. 

"Two things, one that's not how I say his name, and two, I'm going over his house today and tomorrow." I grin at Ray and walk towards the cafeteria.
---------

(Michael's P.O.V.)

Finally, I get to eat! God, I'm so damn hungry. 

"Ey, Jones!" Miles yells from down the hall. He throws a perfect spiral and of course, I catch it easily. He runs up next to me and we walk to the lunch room. 

"What fake crap do you think they're gonna try and pass off as a cheese burger? I bet it's the flock of pigeons that hit the windows yesterday." I say, getting a laugh out of miles. I grab the mystery meat and sit at the football team's table. 
(So, what do you think?)