Chapter 14

"You want some more cake?" Noah asked me as he sat the plate down on the table.

            "Nah, I'm good," I told him. "Your mama makes the best coconut cake though, hands down." I tried to smile for him but it was hard after confronting my dad that night.

            I'd gone to Noah's house and he let me in because his mama and his sister were sleep. We talked quietly in the kitchen but since the living room was even further away from his mama's bedroom, we went in there to talk some more. I didn't want to be a burden on him, but I needed somebody to talk to. I felt like crying the way I had with Terri, but didn't want Noah to see me like that. Still, I let him comfort me as I lay with my head on his lap on their living room sofa.

            "I'm sorry you had to see that, baby," he told me as he softly stroked my head. "Did he still go see that woman?"

            "I don't know. I left while he was still standing at the end of the driveway. I can't believe him. I can't believe I came here to get to know him better, and this is what I find out. If I wouldn't have met you down here, I swear I'd be on the first bus back to Philly."

            "Bus?"

            "I'm not keeping that truck. He can't buy my loyalty. I'm telling Terri when I go back. She deserves to know what he's been doing to her. Well, what he's still been doing to her. He probably never stopped cheating. Lord knows how many other illegitimate kids he got out there. I guess I'm not enough illegitimacy for him, huh?"

            He made me sit up to look in his face before saying, "You know I don't like it when you say stuff like that, Dorian. You're not some tossed away illegitimate child. You've told me many times how much you love your mother and the fact that she raised you right."

            "I know, but..."

            "No, there is no but. Your father had absolutely nothing to do with the man you are today. You're sweet and caring and...someone I'm proud to call my boyfriend."

            "But you barely know me, right?"

            "I know enough. The way I feel about you isn't the way most people feel about someone they've only known for a month. I really care about you, Dorian." He kissed me and told me in between those kisses, "I care about your feelings. And I care about your needs."

            He ran his hand up my shirt and felt on my abs as he French kissed me. I wasn't sure if he was just trying to cheer me up or if he really was trying to do it right there in his mama's living room, but it was about to get started up in there. When my dick got hard, I stopped kissing him and asked him, "Baby, are you sure?"

            "Yes. Dorian, one of the reasons why I've held on to my virginity for this long is because I wanted to lose it to someone who I knew wouldn't just have sex with me and then run."

            "How are we gonna do it here if your mama and sister are home, baby? I don't wanna disrespect your moms house like that, shorty."

            He smiled and kissed me again before jokingly telling me, "Stop saying stuff like that. You're gonna make me give it up quicker."

            "As much as I wanna do this, I don't want it to be something you'll regret. Your first time should be special, Noah."

            "It will be special."

            "Quiet sex in your bedroom right up the hall from your mama's bedroom is special?"

            He giggled and explained, "No. Giving up my virginity under the stars at the place where we had our first date is special."