Wheres Mum?

Sorry i haven't uploaded in ages.. been major busy with college work n that..

But here it is.. Hope you like it.. Sorry its not very long. Hopefully i can add another chapter tomorrow or friday..! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I had just reached the trees when I heard footsteps behind me, I spun around, dropping my bag in the process preparing to shift before I realised who it was.

Rhys, his father and another man stood a few steps away. I looked at Rhys confused.

“We’re guna make sure you get out of their territory.” He told me. They were here to keep ME safe, to protect me from the pack.

My thoughts travelled to Kole. I found myself wondering where he was, and what he was doing. I gave myself a shake to clear my head. Damn Him to hell.

I let a slow hiss of air escape through my teeth. I hate him!

“You ok?” Rhys asked, I looked at him, his eyes clouded with concern. I smiled and nodded. Hoping he understood. I could tell he didn’t as his eyes remained unchanged.

I spun round, picked up my bag and walked into the trees. Rhys, his dad, and the other man fell into step behind me. We walked and walked until light started to seep through the trees in front of us.

I stopped just before I reached the edge of the trees and turned round. I smiled sadly at the three men in front of me, This is where I go alone. Rhys strode over and pulled me into a hug.

“We’ll miss you.” He whispered. I nodded, not trusting myself to speak. He stepped back as his dad stepped forward. He grasped my hand “You are welcome anytime” He told me as he pressed some folded up notes into my hand. “This is to help you find your mum.” He squeezed my hand and let go. The third man nodded to me so I nodded back before turning around and walking through the trees out into the road.

I looked around me, I could see darkness to the left and lights to the right. I headed towards the lights. I kept to the edge of the road so if I heard anyone I could duck into the trees for cover. I walked and walked, stopping only once to have a drink.

I looked up at the sky to see strips of light. Dawn was coming. I hadn’t slept all night. I was close to town now. Not much further to go before I reached people.

I heard a car in the distance behind me so I threw myself into the bushes. I crouched down and waited for it to pass. It drove slowly past my hiding spot. I could see a few of the pack members from the house. They were looking for me.

Once it had gone past I crept out of my hiding spot and continued walking down the road. I reached the edge of the houses. I could see people getting ready to leave for work, or getting their morning newspapers. I smiled at the few people who looked my way.

I walked through several streets, stopping only when I saw the school I used to go to before I was taken. I sped up knowing the route to my house from when I was younger. I can’t believe I remember a simple route that I haven’t taken in 8 years. I diverted off the path down an alley way. A short cut I used to take.

I reached the end of the alley way and turned left. Just around the corner would be the house. I stopped at the garden gate and stared up at the house. I barely recognised it, The colour had changed and there was a garage attached to the side. I peered through the window to see a little girl playing the violin. She looked about 7 years old. Did I have a sister?!

I walked up to the front door and knocked once. I heard someone yell and a few seconds later the door opened. An old woman with grey hair and glasses stood on the doorstep. “Hello, sorry dear, what’d you want?” she asked me, a friendly smile on her face.

“Oh, Um, is Steph Blake here?” I asked the woman, hoping to god she hadn’t left. My heart sunk as the woman’s face creased in confusion.

“I’m sorry dear. No-one with that name lives here, they haven’t for at least 7 years, That’s when I bought the place. It had been abandoned.” She told me. I felt tears well up in my eyes before they could fall I turned and ran back down the garden and out the gate.

Where is she?

Why’d she leave?

Is she ok?

God I miss her.

I got about 5 steps down the street before I heard a voice that made me shiver in fear

“Hello Kassie.”

__________________________________________________________

Please Vote/ Comment and Fan!

:D