Hunted!

Dedicated to Steph {BloodyBones} as she helped read through it before i typed it up..

Kassies POV

We ran for what felt like hours but was probably only ten minutes before the howls of 20 wolves tore through the air, Shit. They must've found Drakes body already. I shot a frantic glance at Ruby and put on a burst of speed. We ran about one mile more before i tripped over a tree root. Damn Trees.

"I don't think i can run anymore!" Ruby gasped, i looked over at her to see her doubled over holding her sides. I couldn't make her run, i don't think i could run anymore either, the adrenaline was slowly going and i could feel the pain again.

"we'll hide somewhere here, maybe in the stream." i told her as i walked to the edge of the water, I climbed down into the water, waded across to the other side and pulled myself up onto the bank, i Monkeyed my way up the slope and into the trees, I ran through the trees for a little while, Maybe i could throw them off our trail, Maybe we could actually hide from them.

After a while i ran backtracked and slid into the water, I motioned Ruby over and waded underneath the tree roots that were sticking out across the stream. "We'll hide here for now." i told her, she just nodded and pulled her bag off her back, i watched as she placed it above her head on the roots. I crouched down in the water and motioned for Ruby to do the same, Hopefully the water will cover our Smell.

It wasn't long before i heard the sound of footsteps, many different pairs all heading in our direction. I held my breath as they got closer, i could hear them searching the bushes and trees as they walked. The adrenaline started pumping again, i was so scared.

"They came this way!" i heard one of them yell.

Please let them go past I prayed over and over, i glanced at Ruby to see she had her eyes closed and her hands together, she was praying too.

"Check the other side." i heard the same voice say again, He must be a high Ranker, No one else would talk to the other pack members like that. I heard a splash and a swooshing sound as one of the guys closest to us jumped into the water, and waded over to the other side. i heard him climb out. This is where my plan could fail, This is where it could all go wrong.

I held my breath as i waited. It felt like an eternity, but finally i heard what i was waiting for.

"The went this way."

i listened and heard the others moving to the edge of the stream, heard them push through the water and out onto the opposite bank. Yes it worked!

I waited until their footsteps were in the distance before i stood up. I walked over to Ruby and put a hand on her shoulder, Her eyes snapped open and she gave a small yelp of surprise. I gave her a small smile and after a few seconds she responded with one of her own.

"Com'on" I whispered as i took a step out from under the roots.  Suddenly someone dropped down in front of me.

"Now, Now, What do we have here then?"

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for such a short chapter.. but when i was writing it i thought that it would be the perfect place to end the chapter..!!

Hope you Enjoyed reading it.. !! :D