Chapter 25: Tease & Bad Jokes

A/N: Hey shadowhunters! I'm so sorry I didn't update sooner): I didn't have any inspiration to continue writing this story. And to make things even worse, I got hit with Strep Throat and the flu); But I got some really heartwarming comments. It gave me the kick to continue writing this story. So I'd like to dedicate this story to two very sweet shadowhunters. First: @Jenna_Barackman her comment was so amazing. It was so enthusiastic as well. It really helped me. And then to: @Clarissa_Fairchild_ She was the force that really got me to continue writing. So thank you both for the sweet comments! Okay enough of that and on to the STORY!

Chapter 25: Tease & Bad Jokes

Clary's POV

"Wake up."

I feel a sharp pain in my arm. "Ah good. It's not bleeding anymore."

My eyes flutter. Jonathan is standing over me. " Get up, Clary. Jace called," I prop myself up on my elbows. "He's going to be home soon, so you had better think of an explanation of why you can suddenly see."

I grunt in response. I rub my throbbing head. "How long have I been out?" I look around the damp dark basement. "Where the hell is Valentine?!"

"He's safe and hasn't been seen yet. Father told me to tell you that he will continue taking your blood for the next week or so until his strength is back. And that if you try to rat me out to anybody, he'll make their deaths slow and painful." Jonathan narrows his eyes at me and then offers me his hand.

I hated that I knew who he was talking about. I slap his hand away and get to my feet. He throws his hands up in surrender. "Just trying to be nice, Clary. I mean we are brother and sister. Our fath-"

"He will never be my father. " I snarl. "We might be related but I will never call you my brother." I scoff. "I won't give you that satisfaction, dick."

Jonathan scowls at me. "I know I will never be your brother Clary." He takes a step closer to me. "But as long as you will always be my sister." He takes another small step. He towers over me. I can see the steady rising of his chest, implicating that he's unfortunately still breathing. He brings his hand to my face and brushes the back of his hand against my cheekbone. "You will also be my one true love." His whispers tickle my face.

I swallow hard. I want to back away but I'm terrified of Jonathan. I can feel tensing of his muscles. His hand lingers on my cheek and then on the back of neck. His other hand runs along the side of my body. 

"If you don't want to then tell me to stop." His voice is low and scary. He tips my head up so I'm look at him directly. His hand then travels down my shoulder. Then my upper back. Then my waist. His fingers slide to the small of my back. He pushes me closer to him. Our bodies touch just so slightly that I can feel the sparks between them.

He licks his lips sexily. His eyes glow with hunger and wanting. He leans in slightly. "Last chance, Clary. I won't hold back." I look at him, intently. He's so close I can see the slight imperfection on his face. The bruise Jace gave him.

JACE! Have you forgotten about the boy that risked his own damn life to be with you?!?

My inner voice screams at me. I push Jonathan away with both of my hands. "Like I said, you are nothing to me Jonathan. Not now and not ever." My voice drips with cold hatred.

He scoffs. "You're such a tease."

I look at him, appalled. "I'm a tease?!?"

He furrows his eyebrows at me in annoyance. "Yes, Clary. You're a tease and a liar. You're a tease because you let me get that close to you and then push me away at the last moment. And a liar because you won't admit that you have feelings for me. Feelings that won't just go away overnight."

I look down at the floor. I try to hide the crimson color on my cheeks. "No, Jonathan. My feelings for you are minuscule compared to the feelings I have for Jace. He's my.... everything. He's my whole damn world. He would do anything for my happiness!" I look at Jonathan. "He left me be with you just so I wouldn't be so damn pissed at him. He's given me everything in such a small amount of time. And I've been too blind to see that. He's risked his family, his freedom, his happiness, his freaking life! All for me! And what have I given him in return?!? My love? My faith?" I didn't want to cry in front of Jonathan, but he triggered something inside me that made the floodgates burst open.

"Does that matter compared to everything he's done for me? Jace is my one true love. You are nothing compared to him. He's whole and sweet. You're broken and spiteful. He's caring and sarcastic. You're cold and cruel. Jace is my other half! And I'm so pissed off at myself for taking this damn long to realize it." I wipe away my tears. Jonathan looks emotionless. His arms folded across his chest. 

"Clary?" Jace's sweet voice carries down into the basement.

My heart soars. I rush upstairs. Jace's carrying one bag and he's holding his leather jacket over his shoulder. 

Does that not scream sexy? 

"Jace!" I shout. He turns to me in surprise. I rush him and jump into his arms. He drops everything and grabs me. I wrap my legs around his waist. I hug onto him and burrow my head into his shoulder. His arms go around my back and he squeezes me tight.

"I missed you so much." I whisper into his shoulder.

He chuckles. It was so warm and soothing. My body tingled at the sound. "I've only been gone a couple of hours, Clary."

I pull away from his shoulder and rest my forehead on his. "I know. But I just missed you."

He kisses the tip of my nose which makes me giggle. We close our eyes and just stay there for a moment.

"Wait a damn minute!" Jace breaks the silence. "How did you know where I was?"  I open my eyes and stare into his golden ones. His eyes go wide.

"Clary!" He drops me onto my feet. "Your eyes! They're green again! How'd you.. Did yo-"

I put my finger on his slender lips. "Jonathan gave me a liquid that gave me my sight back." His lips curl into a joyful smile. "He said your punch really knocked some sense into him." I smirk at him.

He throws his head back in laughter. I giggle at him. "Did I finally say something funny?"

"Not a chance, Fray." He grins at me. "It was such a bad pun, I had to laugh."

I frown at him playfully and then shrug. "Hey a laugh's a laugh. I'm funny."

He raises his eyebrow at me. "Think again, Fray. I'm the funny one."

I shove him playfully. "You think so, huh? Let's hear it then."

He smiles at me.

God. I loved his smile. 

"Did you ever realize that screw rhymes with me and you?" That devilish grin returns.

I stare at him, mouth wide open.

"Jonathan Herondale!" I turn to see Maryse and Consul Penhallow. "I did not just hear you say that to this amazing girl."

"Well if you didn't then I didn't!" Simon's familiar voice rings from the living room.

I groan. "How long have you been there?"

Isabelle, Alec, and Magnus step out. "Don't you mean how long have WE been here?" Isabelle grins at me.

I groan again. Jace chuckles.

"Clary!" My veins turn into ice. Jonathan appears from the basement. "Is Jace home ye- Oh." He stops at the door.

Consul Penhallow and Maryse stare at Jonathan. Their eyes going back and forth between me and Jonathan.

"Somebody had better tell me what the in THE HELL is going on right now! Or you're all grounded!" Maryse bellows.

"You can't ground some of us, Mom." Alec huffs.

"As long as I'm your mother, I can ground your sorry ass as much as I see fit." Maryse narrows her eyes at Alec, which makes him cower behind Isabelle.

Maryse turns to me. 

"Explain. Now."