Chapter 10: A Teen's Worst Nightmare

Jace's POV

"Valentine's blood?" I repeat. How was it even possible?

"Yes. Valentine's blood. Remember how he had been experimenting with demon blood? Well I'm guessing that Valentine stored some of his blood, mixed with demon blood, away for safekeeping. And our wonderful friend Jonathan decided to use it." Magnus explained. "Ironic though. He would use on Clary of all people."

Magnus chuckled at the thought. If I wasn't still stunned from his news, I'd have my hands around his sparkly little neck. I grimaced at Magnus.

Clary let out a moan of agony. I looked at her frantically. She was thrashing around in her bed. Her arms and legs flailing like she was trying to escape someone. Of course. It all clicked now.

"Valentine is messing with Clary's head!" I exclaim. I'm so overcome at my realization. Everyone's attention turns to me. Puzzled and confused looks surround me. "Don't you get it?! Every time Clary lashed out at one of us, she would say, Valentine's name. And when she 'saw' that huge scar across her neck, she said Valentine gave it to her when he..you know." I drag my finger across my neck.

I got no reaction from my realization. Just silence and Clary's steady, but heavy breathing.

"Wow would think," Isabelle chimes in. "Our Jace, the one who runs into battle without a plan and is extremely impulsive, would figure out what's wrong with Clary. I'm afraid to say it Bro but Clary's rubbing off on you" Isabelle smirks at the thought.

In more ways than you can think of, Izzy

"So how do we help her?" Jocelyn's voice frail and shaking. She leaning on Luke for support. With all the events that have occurred today, I'm surprised she's still standing.

"I don't know if we can do anything, Jocelyn. I'm sorry" Magnus storms out of the room, upset he can't help Clary.

My face goes slack and in that one moment in time, I thought I heard my heart crack. I feel a tear fall down my face. I quickly wipe it away before anyone could realize. I muster up enough strength, sit next to Clary and grasp her hand tightly.

"Magnus! Wait!" Alec calls after him and leaves but returns a minute later saying that Magnus used a portal back to his apartment.

Disappointed and Distraught, Alec slumps down in a chair next to me.

"There has to be a way!" Isabelle cries. "She can't have that Demon of a father living inside her for the rest of her life, inflicting pain on her whenever he likes." Isabelle begins to sob and Simon pulls her to his chest and sobs quietly with her.

I sigh out of frustration. I look at Clary and see the love rune still glowing on Clary's chest. I grimace at it.

One problem at a time, Jace. One problem at a time.

"Okay guys instead of sitting here and moping that Clary has Valentine's blood inside her, how about we solve our original problem." I say my voice cracking at the mention of Valentine's blood running through Clary.

"What problem Jace?" Luke asks puzzled.

I silently curse myself for saying this with Clary's parents in the room.

"Umm.... the Love Rune problem." I answer.
*****************************************

Clary's POV

I'm laying down in a open field. The grass so green and flowers blooming. A pond is nearby and the sun is beginning to set. The reflection of the sun off of the pond is breathtaking.