Trap

Peter's POV:

"Why haven't we heard from Captain Rogers yet?" It's been twenty minutes. People aren't just giving us weird looks anymore, now their flocking to see us. And even if there isn't any trouble yet there will be. There will be because there always is. The fact that Percy didn't come out of the warehouse is looking less and less like abandonment. Now it's time to consider the fact that he couldn't come out.

"I'm not sure." Mr. Stark admits. "But he's close to this one, we all are."

"What are you trying to say?" I think I know but it isn't something that anyone one would want to say aloud.

"I think we should go in before Stevie does anything he might regret later." Even if he doesn't want to Mr. Stark sounds just a little bit nervous. Which of course means he's very, very nervous.

And so I open the door, the door two highly competent guys went into and didn't come back out of, the door that might be hiding my aunt, the door that could lead to answers or to more unanswerable questions. 

Before I can take a step in Mr. Stark pushes ahead. At first I want to be upset, remind him that I am just as good as him, that I can take whatever this building might throw at me. Then I remember what Percy said, about Mr. Stark seeing me as a son. Then I want to tell him that I can look after myself, I don't need his help. In here though, I think we're going to need all the help we can get  

It's dark inside, the only light coming from those weird thick square windows that seem to be in every industrial building. Except the light doesn't do much in the way of reassurance, it only serves to highlight the dusty abandoned feel. The feeling that we shouldn't be here, that somebody isn't going to come out of this. I just hope it's me. Because if it was anyone else that would be it for me anyway. Every single person is in this building because of me and yet for some reason I'm the last one coming in. It isn't for me. Coming last isn't for me. Somehow though that doesn't make me feel any better.

Ever since we entered the warehouse Mr. Stark hasn't said a word. Neither have I. There really isn't anything to say. This is either going to work or it isn't. At any second we might find Captain Rogers, we might find Percy. We might find Aunt May. When we find them though, well, we didn't follow Remix's terms and conditions. At this point she knows that. At this point it might be to late to save anyone, even ourselves. And really, what's the point in saving yourself when everything else is lost

"Take the left." Mr. Stark's voice makes me jump when it breaks the silence. I follow his directions though, going to the left of the door in front of us. Mr. Stark doesn't even try the handle, he doesn't go for any form of subtlety. A quick blast to the door and it was gone. 

At first it looks as though there's nothing inside except a big, empty space. But every nerve in my body is jumping, tensed for a fight that doesn't seem to be here. Until I see the body on the floor.

Suddenly I'm back in Central Park and the body is Radi's, still covered in almost-fresh blood. Moments to late to save her. Moments to late to save any of them. This body isn't Radi's. This body isn't Joy's. This body isn't DJ's or Matt's or Josiah's. This isn't the same. This can't be the same.

Except as far as we know there are only four people in this building, Remix, Percy, Captain Rogers, and my aunt. And the body on the ground is to small to be Percy's or Captain Rogers. Which leaves Remix and Aunt May. If Remix was 4 10" then the body laying on the floor can only be one persons.

Captain America promised. He promised that Remix wouldn't hurt Aunt May. He promised we were doing the right thing. But it isn't his aunt laying on the ground of an abandoned warehouse.

"Don't do it." I hear Mr. Starks voice but the words don't register. I have to go to her. I have to help her. She can't be dead. She can't be she can't be she can't be. Not now, not after everything. I can't lose her too. It isn't right. It isn't fair. She doesn't deserve to be dead. She didn't do anything. She didn't do anything but raise me. If it wasn't for me we wouldn't be here. If it wasn't for me none of this would have happened. If it wasn't for me nobody would've gotten hurt. 

I go forward. I have to. I have to. I can't lose anyone else. Haven't I already lost enough? Haven't enough innocent people been hurt? Not her too. Not her.

"Peter stop." Mr. Stark's words cut through the silence. When I'm in this suit Peter isn't my name. When I'm in this suit I become someone else. I become someone else because I have to. Still, even though right now I'm Spiderman I'm Peter too. Peter Parker, Spiderman. Somehow they're the same person. Somehow I am both of these people, even if I don't understand.

So I stop. Even if every bone in my body is screaming for me to go to Aunt May, to save her. To save her like I couldn't save them. I don't. I stay exactly where I am. Because if Mr. Stark is telling me to do something there has to be a reason. 

"Look Peter," he says my name again, "We know Percy came in here. We know Cap came in here. We know neither of them came out. So ask yourself why. What would stop them in their tracks, cause them to throw caution to the wind?" He pauses but I don't answer, "Seeing your aunt laying on the floor. That's what. So this is where the trap is. This is where she's going to try and take us. And this is where we're going to beat her."

A/N

Yeah, so school's about to start. How can this epidemic be stopped???? 

Anyhow, because of school updates might be weird, but I'm going to try and keep then as regular as possible. Good luck everyone.