-019- [RETURN]

"The worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you would never forget."

- Unknown

Silent footsteps thumped on the wooden floor of Ellie's shrine, her senses perking up. She stood up abruptly, then opened the door of her room. She raised an eyebrow at the female in front of her who was wearing a school uniform. "Aneki, what are you wearing?" She asked, a small chuckle leaving her as she let her cousin enter her shrine. "We're going to school. It's Monday." [N/N] said, adjusting the bag that was slung on her back. Ellie stopped on her tracks as she turned around to face her once again, "You're going back to school? How about Touya?" She asked, a look of disbelief slowly showing on her features. [N/N] grinned then pointed at Bishamon who was holding the young boy on her arms. Ellie sighed at this and in the snap of her fingers, she is already wearing her uniform.

"Plus, I felt bad for Tomoe. He has been acting like me for a very long time now." [N/N] said, matter-of-factly making Ellie laugh awkwardly as she sweat-dropped.

"You're right. I forgot about him. But are you ready facing your old friend? He can't still remember you, you know. And plus about 'that'." Ellie said as she pointed at Touya who was desperately trying to reach his mother. [N/N] sighed at this then carried Touya on her arms as she told him she's just be going away for a while. As if understanding what she said, Touya mumbled baby words again and reached for his Aunt Bisha who happily carried him.

"Yeah. I'll be fine." [N/N] said as she and Ellie teleported behind a tree near the school. They walked out behind it like nothing happened and went inside the school. Ellie started texting Tomoe that [N/N]'s already back so there's no need for him to act like her again. "Hey Ellie, this is already my room. Good luck today." [N/N] said then entered her assigned room and went to sit on her chair. Yato's eyes flickered to her, "Good morning, Tomoe." He grinned then put an arm around her shoulder. [N/N] raised an eyebrow at him, "Morning." She answered back then shrugged her shoulders to remove his arm. Yato blinked his eyes at this, "Woah, chill. What's up with you, Tomoe?" He asked then started to examine her features. [N/N] sighed then faced him in irritation, "Nanami has been acting like a child once again this morning so I have to drag her ass up once more just so she could go to school."

Yato nodded his head in acknowledgment, "I see." He mumbled out then looked outside the window again. [N/N], getting curious at this, wondered what he is thinking. Judging that he is calling her Tomoe, he still knows her as Tomoe so why not try asking right? "Hey, what are you thinking about?" [N/N] asked, her arms crossed in front of her. Yato sighed then shook his head, "Nothing. Just... wondering about something."

"Tell me." [N/N] said.

Yato sighed once more, his eyes flickering back at [N/N]. "I wonder what happened between [N/N] and Rabo the other day." He admitted then went to rest his back on the backrest. "Ellie seemed to panic so much too, so..."

[N/N] snickered at this, catching the attention of the male in front of her. "Are y-you worried?" She asked. Yato's face turned bright red at this then huffed, "What? No! I told you I am 'wondering'." He defended. [N/N] only hummed at this; somehow feeling a pricking feeling on her heart. She missed the feeling of her best friend protecting her at any cost. But because of Rabo, it's all gone now.

Noticing 'Tomoe' has been quiet after that, Yato became curious. "Oi Tomoe, why are you so quiet now?" He asked, [N/N] coming back on her senses. "What? Nothing. I also am wondering if..." [N/N] trailed off.

'I may seem desperate if I asked that. No, he thinks I am Tomoe so... I guess it's fine but... Nevermind. He is my best friend before anyway.' She thought then swallowed the lump on her throat. 'But what if... the result would be the thing I don't want to hear about?'

"What do you think of her, [N/N], I mean." She asked, face-palming inwardly. Yato is caught off-guard because of this but seeing Tomoe's serious expression, he might just answer it truthfully. "She's... an annoying, arrogant, disrespectful, mischievous goddess I ever met. She always knows how to push my buttons, making me so irritated at her. I might somehow wanted to strangle her one day if she continued to do that." He said, then went silent for a second as if contemplating about something. "But... she somehow makes me worried sometimes and I don't even know why. She's..." He trailed off, making [N/N] more curious.

"She's what?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"She's... you know what. Nevermind. To put it simply, she's an annoying god." He said in finality, his head would start to hurt if he would think about it more. These migraines do happen if he would think about [N/N] and it made him more curious, it's as if... something is stopping him from even remembering about something he 'should' know.

[N/N] sighed in defeat; assuming he must have hated her so much. But hearing from him that he does got worried about her 'sometimes' is enough for her. At least, he is still have those feelings that is somehow buried deep within him.

Time had passed quickly, dismissal had came so it's time for them to go back home. As usual, he walked with Yukine and Hiyori. Let's not forget 'Tomoe' is with them too. "Tomoe, how are you?" Hiyori asked, her pink hues flickering at [N/N] who only hummed as response. "Okay... Nanami actually invited us to join them in dinner. Do you know about that?" Hiyori said, making [N/N] internally panic. She obviously doesn't know about that. "Yes." [N/N] answered as they went to walk towards Nanami's shrine. As soon as they reached the end of the stairs, Tomoe was there standing in front of the shrine making the three beside [N/N] look at her in shock.

"What the..." Yato mumbled out then his face turned a beet red, remembering he became so open with her back at school. "YOU!" He screeched.

-----------------------------------------------------------

12/08/18