Chapter 12

Please read the Author's Note at the end. .

Enjoy! (:

_________________

Recap:

"Mr. West," a buff guy said to Talon with a nod after coming up to us once we got outside, "You must be Ms. Hart?"

I nodded, unable to find my voice, "I'm Detective Cruz, I was helping out on your case. We won't talk about it now, but later on in a couple of days I'm going to need to give me your statement on the situation and everything that happened that you can remember, alright?"

Once again, all the came from me was a nod.

"Alright, well I'll let this gentleman," the Detective said as he nodded to someone behind me. I slightly turned my head to see an EMT standing off to the side waiting for me, "take you to check you out while I have a conversation with Mr. West here."

I glanced back and forth at the two, not really sure if I wanted to leave Talon's side again, "It's okay, babe. I'll be right here when they finish up with you."

Still hesitant, I nodded, then leaned up to give him a quick, sensational kiss, "Okay."

As I was guided to one of the ambulances, I heard a commotion coming from the side of the house, I caught a quick glance of the situation, making my heart speed up in fright. . Six police officers were surrounding him, reading off his rights before pulling him up off the ground and walking him towards the other ambulance, that's when I caught sight of his bloodied shirt. It was more bloody over his stomach area which must have been where Talon shot him. Before I could completely disappear around the corner, I caught his attention. His eyes. Giving me his entire attention before I could disappear unnoticed, his movements ridged, but his eyes. . his eyes held mischief and an untold secret while he gave me a creepy, sadist smile before he disappeared from my view.

But as my heart pounded rapidly as I mindlessly walked to the ambulance and sat, letting them begin checking me out, while many things were running through my mind, but only a few stood out the most to me. .

Jordan's alive. Talon didn't kill him.

Jordan's not finished. He's up to something.

Just as them thoughts ran through my mind, I heard shouting coming from the other side of the house. my brows dipped in confusion as to what was going on and happening. My eyes automatically tan through the crowd of police officers and EMT's, searching for Talon. Once I found him I breathed out a sigh of relief. He was having what seemed like a heated conversation with the detective.

He must have felt my gaze because our eyes connected instantly. A surge of emotions radiated from the both of us, which probably led him to dismiss himself from the detective and mindlessly walked toward me, without breaking eye-contact.

The shouting before was long forgotten and not thought of as I stared longingly at my savior, my companion, my love, my fiancé, my best friend, and the father of my unborn child coming toward me. It seemed as if everything else in the world didn't matter. It was just us.

Just as he past that corner headed to me, I saw a shadow from the corner of my eyes, following closely behind him, which made me break our heated eye-contact to see what was going on.