Chapter 3: Movie Night

Friday, August 26

Andy was in his room strumming his acoustic. It was a little tune he had in his head for about a week and he was trying to write a new song out of it. But after two ours, he had nothing.

Finally he decided to quit. He had to get to Jinxx's place for movie night anyway. He checked himself in the mirror. He smiled, and then frowned when he saw his bangs already reached his upper lip. He grabbed some scissors and carefully trimmed it so that they would just come half way past his right eye. Once he was satisfied, he grabbed his car keys and jacket. For mid-autumn, it was already getting colder. That's what happens when you lived in Ohio.

“I'm going to Jinxx's house!” he shouted to his parents. His dog Copper met him at the bottom of the stairs.

“Later, buddy.” Cooper licked his face and wagged his tail.

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

When Andy got to Jinxx’s house, the others were already there. They always watched movies in his den, so that’s where he found them all. Jinxx and Sammi were on a recliner, CC, Kelly, Jake, and Rachel on the couch, Ashley and Lizzie on the floor, and Carolyn was sitting alone on a small couch. Andy decided to keep her company and sat down with her.

“Glad you could make it, Carolyn.” He grinned at her.

Carolyn let out a small smile. “Yeah, I started to have some second thoughts about it, but CC convinced me eventually. So here I am.”

“Ah, trying to get away from us already? I’m hurt.” Andy pouted.

Carolyn chuckled and focused her eyes on the big TV screen. First they watched The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. Who didn't like Narnia?

Sometime later, they started to watch a scary movie; Andy's favorite genre.

Guts and blood filled the screen and the girls coward into their boyfriends. Carolyn brought her knees up to her chest and buried her head. Andy moved over to her and held her.

“Hey it’s just a movie.” Andy reassured her.

“I know.” Carolyn peeked out from her knees, “But I just really don't like them.

|~*~Carolyn~*~|

After the movies, they started to leave.

“Carolyn, while picking you up, I realized you live on the same street as Andy.” CC said. “So Andy, can you take her home? My parents want me home like now to help them out with some stuff.”

Andy shrugged and smiled. “Sure. Let’s go, Carolyn.”

They headed outside towards Andy's car. He went around to the passenger’s seat and opened it for her.

“Thanks.” she said.

Most of the car ride was quiet until they got to their street, with only music playing softly on the stereo in Andy’s car.

“Which one is your house?” Andy asked.

“It’s the one with the big oak tree in the front.” she said.

“Ah. Mr. Donald's old house.” he said. “That guy never liked me.”

“Why?” she asked.

“My dog Copper took a dump on his lawn.” he said. Carolyn laughed.

“What's Copper like?”

“He's the best dog ever. I've had him since I was little... probably my whole life. And he loves to play around.” Andy said. “Wanna meet him?”

Carolyn perked up. “Sure when? I love dogs.”

“Hm... How about tomorrow?” he said.

She smiled; a genuine one this time. “Sure! Pick me up at two.”

Andy grinned. “Deal. I'll pick you up and we can go to the park with Copper.” he said. “Oh here's your house.”

“Thanks Andy.” she said.

“See ya.”

She got out of the car and went into her house. Andy smiled to himself.