Chapter 1.2

Something cold, wet, and refreshing hit my face.

"Ugh, it's been months. I think she's never waking up, Doctor."

"A WHA? HUGGA BUGGA MISTER KRABS BECKY YOU WANT STICK?! BUY CHIPACKERS, THE CHIP FLAVORED CRACKERS! TIME TO TRY DEFYING GRAV--"

"She's very awake, Gladys."

Something hits me in the face. It's my own arm. I can't feel my arm. "SOMEBODY CALL THE AMBULANCE! I THINK I'M DYING! HELP! SOMEBODY HEL--"

"Shut up."

"Huh?" I say. I think I see a giant dog.

"She's still in some state of shock, I think..."

"Faye, can you hear me?"

"I can hear the whispers of you, O Great Dog."

"What region of the brain triggers that?"

"That question is yet to be answered, Gladys. Yet to be answered."

"Why hello, my nugget nazi minions." Reality strikes in and I look around. This isn't my house. What the heck? This is some kinda voodpo crap nightmare. This is weird and awkward. Kinda like me. What did the doctor call me? Fate? Face? I think it was... Faye? Is that my name?

It's all coming back to me now -- my cat, my sister, and... oh no.

I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes and I'm about to break down when the old nurse starts talking again in her creepy old lady voice.

"I can't believe she's finally awake."

"Yes, it is a medical marvel."

"Hey, I'm right here. Mind filling me in?"

"You were in a coma, say, four months?"

"Okay, thanks, that's helpful," I say. "Wait, WHAT?!" I was in a flipping coma? Did this voodoo illuminati synagogue-like building hurt my sister? "Where's Fran? Where's my sister?"

"I'm going to get her now," says the Doctor, pushing up his rather round glasses. "She's going to go through a series of therapy practices."

"Some what now?"

"...I'm going to put her to sleep and ask her what she sees."

"Why in the name of Itward would you do that?"

"Itward? Is that what the cool kids are saying these days."

"Uhh, yeah?" I don't actually know what Itward means. It just kinda... rolled off my tongue. Like a juicy secret about your friends that you just can't contain. It's weird. It feels like I know that word. Or rather... that name? What does it mean? I don't understand it.

"Well, Faye, I think I better give you some time to stretch. You've been in that same bed for 4 months." 

Reluctantly, I nod, and the Doctor leaves the room. Soon, the nurse brings be a glass of water and my dry mouth is met with something that it feels like I haven't had in forever. Who knew I'd ever take time to cherish something as simple as hydrogen and oxygen? Yet it feels so refreshing, and I sip the entire thing up in 30 seconds.

All of my muscles still feel stiff and I'm having trouble moving my left leg. Somehow I manage to fall off of my bed and into the nightstand, completely knocking it over. While I'm surprised nobody came in to check on me after the loud crashing noise, it makes a little bit of sense because all of their focus must be directed towards Fran. She's only 10 and she's showing signs of Psychosis, from what they told me. I lay down and think about things. My parents are gone, and no matter how many times I sit her yelling come back, it won't happen. I feel like they were taken from me. Like someone stole them from me.

And when I find out who, I'm going to slowly rip their eyes out of their head and slowly, slowly strangle -- 

Wait, WHAT did I just THINK? That's super messed up. That makes me no better than them. Why would I ever imagine something that gory? What the heck came over me? What's happening to me?

Before I know it, the nurse comes in. "Faye, we'll let you come and see your sister now. Follow me." I get up, a little trouble walking. I make my way to a green door and peer through its windows, curious.

"I don't understand why you make me do this!" a familiar voice yells. I rush into the room, where a young girl is stomping her feet and curling her hands into fists. I see the doctor from earlier sitting in an olive green chair, sighing at the girl's stubbornness.

The girl is Fran, my younger sister.

Though sisters, we couldn't be more different. Her hair is a reddish brown, short, and straight. Mine is long, curly, and a black with a blue tint. Her skin is pale, but nowhere near as pale as mine. It's as if the Ice Queen herself had attacked me. Our only similarity in appearance is our strikingly blue stormy eyes. However, like my cat's, Fran's seem warmer and happier. They're the exact same shade, yet something about them is... better. Happier. Prettier. I'm jealous.

Even our personalities clash. She seems so happy-go-lucky, and optimistic. She doesn't have a problem with strangers and though not having many friends, she is pretty outgoing. But me? Oh God, no. Me? And people? You are funny. I'm completely negative. Love to see the worst in every situation. And when I see strangers, such as the Doctor and Nurse in front of me?

I tend to freak out. But instead, something captivated my sight in the corner of the room.

It's a purse. I recognize it immediately. My mother took it everywhere. Sometimes I used to sneak in there and take a nickel or two to buy some candy. Mother never noticed, but I knew it was wrong. Something always encouraged me to take money from her purse.

The doctor must have noticed me looking at it, because soon enough, he turned to me and said, "That's for Fran, dear. Don't touch it." Don't touch it? It belongs to my deceased mother! Well okay, ya big nugget nazi. I don't want to take your authority, but it seems you were born before I was and will likely die before I do, so whatever.

Something always encouraged me to take money from my mother's purse. And now, something was encouraging me to take the purse entirely. Something outwordly. Take it, I hear. A raspy voice is calling out to me. The voice would make the average person scared, but I feel calm. I trust the voice. Uncontrollably, my hand slips towards the bag --

"What did I say, Faye? The purse is not for you! Fran, take that bag before your sister gets her grabby hands on it."

Ugh, it's not fair!

How come Fran gets something to remeber our parents by? What the heck? This is stupid. I don't agree with this decision. I knew them longer! I loved them more! THEY PREFERRED ME, AND I'M BETTER!

It all happened so fast.

My hand coming to Fran's face. The screams from the by standing nurse and doctor. The sharp pain I felt in my neck that caused me to fall to the ground. A male voice saying "It's called Doutine, and it will make you feel very relaxed." My sister, crying. 

And me, feeling absolutely, horribly evil.