Chapter 2

WREN
I met Luke when I was fourteen.

I knew what he did. I knew how he treated people. I knew what secrets he kept locked in his apartment, but I became entangled in his business anyways. He was dark, alluring, and dangerous. To say I never had a small desire for him would be a distortion of the truth. Despite all his appalling defects, I had always detected a faultless aura about him. He made me feel as though no matter what predicament I would face, he would always be there to safeguard my soul.

That was before I knew who he really was.

Flashback

"Remember, you leave right after you're done. You don't stick around. You get you're money and get out." I nodded, while trying to retain all the new information that was being forced down my throat.

Luke stood in the corner of the room eyeballing my body form head to toe. He had been running his hands through his hair all night, something he was notorious for doing whenever he was nervous. A crease had formed between his brows, which hinted towards time consuming deliberation taking place in his mind.

A nod was all I could administer to him, for my entirety was beginning to drown in anxiety.

My clammy palms hesitantly combed through the frizzy locks upon my head, the humid air outside having caused my dark strands to become tangled. My eyes wandered down my body unable to recognize my self or my attire.

"I don't know if I can send you out like this. You're young and you're gonna fuck up." He grumbled stretching over towards me. I stood in the kitchen, my legs utterly exposed with the exception of undersized charcoal shorts that failed to cover anything other than my behind. A skin tight sleeveless top, left my midriff and arms wholly bare, causing me to wordlessly plead for a jacket. He continued advancing forward until his entirety was gazing down on me.

Luke's hand softly glided up my arm, sending unwanted shivers down my spine. In the back of my mind a voice was screaming at me to run, leave, get out while I still can, but I didn't listen.

"I won't." I whispered, hardly mustering up the courage to address the predominant male.

His hands progressing to roam my body, found their way underneath the backs of my shorts, spreading torturous brushes from the unwanted finger tips. His head fell to my right shoulder, leaving me to bite back the tears that were threatening to spill over my waterline. A small developing bulge from his lower region could be detected as his hands began exploring beneath my shirt. His cold digits skimmed over every surface he felt necessary to achieve pleasure. The first tear had emerged from my eyes by the time he detached his hands from my torso. A sigh of relief exited my parted lips, a reaction of alleviation I was feeling due to the fact that Luke had restricted himself.

I wiped the unwanted tear away from my face as he composed himself. His impure hands reached up to my jaw, cradling it with his palm. His thumb stroked my cheek and I choked back the bile rising up my throat.

"Don't fuck up." He reminded me, his tongue exiting his lips and tracing over his devilish smirk.

His large hand guided my body out the door, my mind still trying to wrap itself around the events that had just played out moments before. The door was closed in my helpless and confused face, my stomach turning at the thought of the events I would be participating in in just a matter of minutes. The sole backstreet light was flickered off and I was left alone to find my way out of the daunting ally. I was exposed to the genuine cruelty of the real world.

I lost my virginity that night.

Present

I seemed to be replaying every memory over and over in my head that I had of Luke. Probably in hopes that I would never have anymore to add. Every stupid line or cheesy pick-up that had spewed from his foul mouth had, at one point, made me weak at the knees.