Pointless

I decided to go back to the Salvatore house after the conversation with Elijah. I had dropped him off at the Martin's apartment, he'd had some things he needed to talk to Jonas about. I would've stayed if Luka had been there, but he was out with Bonnie. Ugh.

Why I was beginning to become jealous of Bonnie, I had no idea. She was just a witch, who could be easily taken care of. Maybe it was because Luka was obviously so infatuated with her, it annoyed the hell out of me.

I walk into the living room and stop dead in my tracks. Rose was standing in front of the fireplace, talking to Elena.

She looks up at me, and does a double take.

"What're you doing here?" she asked, surprised.

"I could ask you the same question," I reply, stepping down onto the floor. "But, at this point, I'm sure it has to do with the Petrova doppelgänger."

I wasn't particularly fond of Rose. She'd messed up Klaus' plan to sacrifice Katerina. I wouldn't be here if everything had gone as planned.

"You two know each other?" Elena asked.

"Obviously," I say. "Who wouldn't recognize the person who's been running from my father all these years?" I look at Rose, which reminded me of something. "Sorry about Trevor."

"He was my best friend," Rose says morosely.

"However, I'm fairly certain that he deserved what he got."

I could see Rose trying to mask the anger on her face.

"You're not going to let that go are you? You're never going to forgive us for Katerina's escape."

I walk over to Rose and get close enough to her that I can smell her breath.

"You wanna know when I'll forgive you?" I ask menacingly. "When you're lying dead on the ground with a stake in your heart."

I look over at Elena, and her mouth is hanging open. I ignore her, turning on my heel and walk out of the room.

I ended back up at the Mystic Grill, nursing a cup off coffee. The same bartender from earlier was still working.

"Hey," he says to me. "Weren't you here earlier with Damon?"

"Yes," I reply, smiling. "I was here earlier, but not with Damon. He just started talking to me."

"I'm Matt," he introduced himself.

"Liz," I say.

"I haven't seen you around before," he notes.

I looked up at him. He had really blue eyes and was very cute.

I didn't need any distractions from guys right now. Especially if my father was in town. He didn't approve of me going after human guys. Elijah could be such a bore sometimes.

However, I didn't care what my father thought most of the time, so I decided to stay and talk to Matt for a while, but just as I'm about to answer him, my phone starts to go off.

"You can never say never

While we don't know when,

Time and time again.

Younger now than we were before-"

I look at the caller ID and sigh.

"Luka, this really isn't a good time," I say when I answer the phone.

"The doppelgänger surrendered," he tells me.

I put my hand on the mouthpiece of the phone and look up at Matt.

"I'm sorry," I apologize. "I have to take this."

I quickly walk out of the restaurant and turn my attention back to Luka.

"She did what now?" I ask, confused, climbing into my car in the parking lot.

"The doppelgänger said that she was ready to turn herself over to Klaus."

"Damn. Is she really giving up that easily?"

"Apparently," Luka replied.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"In Richmond," he answered.

"Richmond? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, my dad did a locater spell on her."

"Where's my father?"

"In Richmond."

I sigh. Of course he was.

"I'm starting to get fed up with all of this doppelgänger crap."

"I can tell."

"That's it, I'm leaving town. There's nothing for me here. This was such a waste of time!"

"Where're you gonna go?"

"Anywhere but here," I say. "Probably somewhere tropical, enjoy the sun."

"I would've thought that vampires wouldn't like the beach."

"Think again. Don't tell Elijah that I left town. If you do, I will personally kill you myself."

"Is that a threat?"

"What do you think?" I hung up before he answered.

I had to get out of Mystic Falls. I was bored and there was nothing to do. I could go on a killing-spree, but that would make the Founder's Council suspicious, and my father would strongly disagree.

Damn, this loyalty thing was a bitch. I was lucky that it wasn't a Sire bond, otherwise, I'd be forced to do everything Elijah said.

I pick up my phone and dial the airport's number.

"Hi, I'd like a first-class ticket to Hawaii and would like to leave as soon as possible," I say when reception picked up.

Thank you all for reading my story, and please continue to review :)

BTW, the ringtone that was on Angle phone is Never Say Never by The Fray