The Real Deal

Mystic Falls, Virginia. What a quaint little town. Mostly all of the building structures were antebellum era. A lot of history here. It was good to be back. I hadn't been here since the early 1900's. My father had brought me back to my birthplace and where he had become something other than human.

I am Mary Elizabeth Mikaelson, daughter of Elijah. But you will and must call me LIZ or I will kill you . Before my father was an Original, he met my mother and they had me. My parents were unmarried and my father's family didn't approve of my mother. Especially that witch Esther, who unfortunately, was my grandmother.

Soon after my birth, my father was turned into a vampire and the family soon left to go back to England. My mother, Kenna, was heartbroken at his departure.

When I was eighteen, Elijah came back. My mother had died a few months before from a strange illness that had hit the village we lived in. He found me suffering from the same illness, on the brink of death in my hut I had with my mother. He turned me because he wanted to know the daughter he left behind.

He brought me back to England with him, where the rest of our family treated me like the redheaded step child. Rebekah hated me the most. I assumed it was something to do with how she wasn't the only girl in the house anymore, considering that Klaus had killed Esther. Most girls would love to have another girl in the house to talk to. Apparently not Rebekah.

I spent most of my time with Klaus. He understood me because he knew what it felt like to be an outsider. However, that all changed when Katerina Petrova arrived in England.

Needless to say, he was obsessed with her. Mostly because she was the main ingredient to the curse he wanted to break. He was enraged when Katerina was turned. She was the only Petrova doppelgänger that was left.

Since my uncle spent so much time with Katerina, so did I. I was jealous of her because Klaus was around her all the time, and she had taken away the one person who I trusted completely, other than Elijah.

I was gleeful when I learned of Klaus' plan to sacrifice her. No more Katerina, and no more days and nights spent alone.

I was in Mystic Falls because apparently, there was another Petrova doppelgänger, which I found to be impossible, since the line ended with Katerina, and my father needed my help with keeping her safe from Klaus. I only complied with Elijah because he was my father, and I had a loyalty to him.

If Klaus had asked me to help him first, no doubt that I would've. I had a prejudice against the Petrova doppelgängers, but that was set to change, I hadn't even met this girl yet. Her name was Elena Gilbert, and she was under the protection of the Salvatore brothers

I was driving down the road in my BMW when I pass a restaurant called The Mystic Grill. I turned around and went back. I was parched and I needed a drink. I parked the car and went inside.

Everyone was staring at me because I was new in town. It was kind of unsettling. I make my way over to the bar.

"Tequila," I tell the bartender.

"Here you, go," the bartender hands me a shot glass and a bottle of tequila.

"Thanks, sweetheart," I say to him.

I notice a guy sitting a few barstools away from me, who's staring at me. He gets up and sits down beside me with his drink.

"I like a girl who has a thirst for tequila," he tells me. I look up at him for the first time. He has black hair and beautiful ice blue eyes.

"I guess it's an acquired taste," I reply, looking over at him.

He had gotten a good look at my face and his expression was that of shock.

"I'm sorry," he says. "But you look really familiar."

The drawback to being Elijah's daughter, was that I looked just like him and people who knew him saw it in my face.

I look over at the man again, and study his features. The ring on his finger made me stop and think. The stone in the inset was the same as the inset in my necklace. Lapis lazuli.

I guessed that he was one of the Salvatores.

"Well, I was born here," I say.

He nods. "I'm Damon," he introduces himself, extending his hand for me to shake. I was right, he was one of the Salvatores.

"Elizabeth, but call me Liz if you call me Elizabeth I will kill you "I say, ignoring his hand, and taking a shot of tequila.

"Well," I say, turning towards him, "You're not as much of a nuisance as my uncle let on."

"Huh?" he asks confused.

"You know my uncle, don't you?" I ask.

"No..?" I had totally caught off guard.

I took that opportunity to get up and leave. That'll leave him reeling to figure out who I am.

I smile to myself, climbing into my car.

Now, to go find Elena.

What do you guys think? Should I write more? Also, I do not own The Vampire Diaries. Please reveiw!