Chapter 9

*Louis’ P.O.V*

Where the hell is Harry? When I got back to Niall’s room with Zayn and Paul, there was no one outside, after peering through the window, I saw that Liam was with Niall’s family and Josh and Preston was sat in the corner of the room. I cautiously knocked on the door before we entered. Liam was sat next to Greg, who looked ready to kill someone, Bobby stood as we entered and signalled for me to go outside. Why does he want to talk to me? Greg looked up at his father and followed his gaze until he met mine, the scowl on his face grew even fiercer. What’s up with him?

“Leave it Greg!” Maura scolded her eldest son, who returned to sit in his seat. Liam placed a gentle hand on his shoulder and also had the same look as Greg on his face, but not as fierce. I stepped back outside the room and waited for Bobby to arrive.

“What the hell has gone on?” As soon as he shut the door, his expression changed to one with a mixture of anger, confusion and I think worry.

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t play dumb with me boy! It’s clearly something to do with you that led to my son lying in that hospital bed! Josh seems convinced it has something to do with Harry and therefore probably you!”

“I have no idea! Unless…. Oh god!” My legs give way and I bury my head in my hands as the tears start to fall. Niall did this because of me and Harry!

“Unless what?” I can feel a hand placed gently on my shoulder and when I glance up, I notice that Bobby has now crouched down in front of me, with more of a sympathetic look on his face.

“The press found out about Niall and Harry’s date here and it made front page, we tried to hide it from Niall because we thought he wouldn’t take it well but he found out anyway and ran to his room. Harry didn’t know what to do and got really upset, I was trying to comfort him and tell him to keep at it with Niall and Niall saw us hugging and must have assumed something was going on between us and that’s why he ran.”

“You knew he ran?”

“Yeah but Liam said to let him cool off and that he’d be back when he was ready. It’s all my fault.” I kept repeating that it was my fault over and over, Bobby took me in his arms, telling me that it wasn’t my fault.

“I have to find Harry!” I pull back as I remember that he’s not here. “I just hope he hasn’t done anything stupid!”

*Niall’s P.O.V*

My eyelids are so heavy. Why can’t I open them? Why is everything black? Am I dead now? I want to be dead. I can hear voices but I don’t know who they are, I can hear a female voice, crying? Another sounds Irish? Wait there’s a few different voices? But if I can hear voices, that means I’m not dead? I want to die though, why am I not dead yet? Nobody loves me or would care if I died. I thought my plan was fool proof.

*Louis’ P.O.V*

Where the hell is that curly haired kid? (I know it was Liam who said it at the BRIT’s but ssh!) I’ve looked all over the place! I’ve been in every bar, one of the bartenders in the one said that he’d been in and left a few hours ago but where would he have gone? Sighing, I flag down a cab and decide to head back to the hotel. That’s the only place I haven’t checked but I doubt he’d be back there, I’m only heading back to get some sleep, there’s not much point in going back to the hospital yet, I’ll go back in the morning. None of us can do anything except wait.

Once I reach the hotel, I slowly head up to our suite. As I swipe the key card, I can hear something that sounds like faint panting? What the hell? As I walk through the living area, it gets louder, it sounds like it’s coming from the bedroom. I open the bedroom door a fraction and can’t believe my eyes!

“WHAT THE FUCK HARRY?!!?!?!?!?!” He turns to face me as I storm over to the bed and drag him away from the slag he’s currently fucking.

“Excuse me?” The girl pipes up after covering herself with the duvet, she has a thick Spanish accent.

“GET THE FUCK OUT!!!” I yell at her before turning back to Harry who is still stark naked and stood covering himself with his hands, as if we haven’t seen it all before.

“YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND IS IN HOSPITAL PROBABLY DYING AND YOU’RE FUCKING SOME SLAG?!?!?! DO YOU NOT GIVE A SHIT?!?!” I can’t believe he has the nerve to do this! One minute he’s crying and all over the place with worry about Niall and now he’s shagging some girl. No wonder Niall tried to kill himself! Once the girl had dressed and gone, I gave Harry a couple of minutes to get changed before telling him to meet me in the living room. I am furious! Harry comes out, staggering part of the way, it’s obvious he was drunk but that’s no excuse for what he’s done.

“Well, are you going to explain yourself???” I ask him, there’s no point yelling at him anymore, he’s too drunk to properly take note of anything.

“I went out, had a few drinks and got laid.” He slurs in reply, with a massive grin. Okay I have lost it again!

“WHAT THE FUCK HARRY? DON’T YOU CARE THAT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS DYING??” He looks shocked and then starts to laugh.

“He doesn’t care about me, if he did, he wouldn’t have tried to kill himself and leave me alone would he?”

“Are you thick or what?” I sigh as he looks at me bewildered, “he tried to kill himself because he saw you and me hugging and thought that you were cheating on him. He couldn’t take that he thought you didn’t love him and loved me. Now he has a good enough reason to think that! I’m off back to the hospital. Do what you want.” I sigh and stand up, storming to the door and making sure to slam it shut behind me. I know part of this is my fault but I never would have thought Harry would do that! Never in a million years!

All the anger I felt towards Harry that I had pushed away in the cab, resurfaced as I got closer to Niall’s room. Everyone was now sat outside.

“What’s happened?” I ask as I see a distraught Maura being comforted by Chris and Bobby while Greg and Zayn were trying to console Liam.

“Niall’s heart stopped. They’re trying to resuscitate him now.” Paul replied, I could see it in his eyes that he was trying to stay strong and positive but he was slowly breaking too. Niall means so much to all of us. There’s no way the band can carry on without him. He has to pull through! The doctor comes out before I have time to react.

“We’ve managed to revive him, he will be kept under observation and although the most likely situation still remains that he will not make it, his heartbeat is now stronger than it previously was so there is a slightly larger chance that he will pull through, however, there is no saying what the damage will be to his brain if he does make it. You may go and see him now.” Maura, Chris and Greg stand and enter the room, Bobby looks at me and I shake my head.

“Find him?” He asks as he comes closer to me, Liam and Zayn look confused, I guess he hasn’t told them. I nod my head.

“I don’t think he’ll turn up here for a while!” I spit and sink into one of the hard, plastic chairs in the corridor. All the white of the walls and floor were giving me a headache.

“What do you mean?” It was Paul’s turn to speak. “Where is he?”

“In the hotel, probably trying to sober up. Either that or he’s gonna kick off. I couldn’t care less though.”

“Wait, what’s happened?” Liam’s daddy Direction mode has kicked in. Sighing I start to tell them everything.

“He did WHAT?!” I’ll fucking kill him!!” Zayn yells and storms off towards the lifts.

“Zayn!” Paul calls and runs after the raven-haired lad.